Ben Lippen School is a Pre-K to 12th grade Christian school of over 700 students, more than 300 of whom are high school aged students. The school offers challenging academics and a wide variety of co-curricular activities in an educational environment infusing spiritual truth and training into all disciplines. Ben Lippen is a college preparatory school that trains students for success in college and beyond.
The Boarding Program at Ben Lippen, open to middle and high school aged students from the United States and around the world, is an international learning community hosting 84 students in on-campus housing, and additional international students in American homes. On-campus boarding students reside in homes surrounding a lake. Each home is staffed by caring houseparents who balance love, encouragement, and discipline.
We would consider it a privilege to meet you and your family, share our campus with you, and help you learn more about Ben Lippen School and your potential place among us.
Ben Lippen Boarding Program Application Process
The Application Review Committee will finalize a decision for acceptance or denial upon receipt of the following documentation. All application materials should be submitted to Debbie Austin at Debbie.Austin@BenLippen.com.
- Online Application - Click here for the online application. A $100 (USD) non-refundable application fee is required in order to submit the online application, and separate references from an English teacher and Math teacher are required before the application is considered complete. Links to the English and Math teacher reference forms are within the online application.
- Transcripts - Submit transcripts (unofficial is sufficient) documenting the student's most recent three years of schooling.
- Bank Statement (International Students Only) - Submit a bank statement showing the funds necessary to cover the cost of at least one year's tuition. This is required for student visa eligibility.
- English Proficiency Testing (International Students Only) - Applicants for sixth through tenth grade must submit an official test report from one of the following: TOEFL-iBT, TOEFL Junior, iTEP, IELTS or SSAT. Students applying for eleventh or twelfth grade must submit an official TOEFL-iBT test report. Click here to locate an ETS Preferred Network Office where the TOEFL Junior test is administered. Please enter the Ben Lippen School TOEFL school code (3307) for Ben Lippn to automatically receive a student test score page.
- Interview - An interview, either in person or using online videochat, is required.
Ben Lippen Boarding Program Enrollment Process
Should acceptance be issued by the Application Review Committee, the following must be submitted in order to guarantee student placement:
- Enrollment Form -This form will be sent with the acceptance packet.
- Education Agreement - This document will be sent with the acceptance packet.
- Tuition Deposit - $3,000 per student is due within 30 days of the acceptance date.
- Official Transcripts - Transcripts with the official school seal must be submitted before enrollment at Ben Lippen School.
- Emergency Medical Information, Medication/Immunization Consent, Parental Permission, and Handbook Committment Forms - These four forms are the final pages of the Boarding Student Life Handbook.
For more information please contact:
Boarding Student Admissions Coordinator
7401 Monticello Road
Columbia, SC 29203
Phone: (803) 807-4145 Fax: (803) 807-4845