Grades 9 - 12
Equipping Students to Thrive in College & Life
High school is a transformative experience — one where students begin as curious pre-teens and graduate as confident young adults. At Ben Lippen School, we make the most of these four important years so our graduates feel ready to pursue God’s calling on their lives.
Our program is designed for families who value challenging academics and intentional college prep, but also want the Biblical values they’ve instilled at home to be reinforced at school. We know that a teen’s faith is often challenged during the high school years, which is why Ben Lippen provides spiritual mentorship to help students develop a Biblical worldview and strengthen their relationships with Christ. This equips them to navigate a complex and changing world in college and beyond.
Excellent academics, exciting extracurriculars, enriching spiritual life, positive community, and more — we can’t wait to share with you about the Ben Lippen high school experience.
To get the best feel for our program and all we have to offer, we encourage you to schedule a tour.
A Personalized Experience
We realize that every high school student has his or her own God-given gifts, unique learning style, and different goals for the future. We foster a culture where students do not feel pressure to “fit in” but empowered to embrace their individuality. At the same time, students feel a sense of belonging as they learn in a close-knit community of dedicated teachers and like-minded peers. Families love Ben Lippen School because we offer:
- Small class sizes — We work with our teachers to find the optimal class size for each course, allowing teachers the capacity to provide individualized attention while still creating a meaningful environment for discussion and group work.
- Academic tracks — We offer AP courses, dual-credit (early college) opportunities, a College Prep diploma, and an Honors diploma, so that each student may tailor their education to their future goals.
- Grade-specific counseling — As your teen moves from his or her freshman year to senior year, he or she will be counseled to explore different career fields, identify college goals and options, and create an academic plan with appropriate rigor to meet these goals.
- Electives and clubs — Engineering, robotics, photography, forensics, yearbook, chorus and bluegrass band are just a few of the opportunities our students have to explore new hobbies, interests, and future career fields.
The Denemark Family enrolled their daughter as a sophomore at Ben Lippen School in 2020. Here is what they have to say about their experience:
“With only three years left until our daughter headed off to college, we knew that we wanted her to have a high school experience that was as close to “normal” as possible in these crazy times. If anything good has come out of the pandemic, it’s that she found a place that is right for her. We appreciate the smaller class sizes, the individual attention that the teachers provide, and the Christian foundation. The Monticello Road campus has quickly become a second home; we love attending football games and watching our daughter cheer. What a wonderful family atmosphere!”
Our winning athletic program sees high student participation each year. With 49 teams across 17 different sports, there is no shortage of opportunities for students to compete. We’re proud of our Falcons for bringing home 24 State Championships, but the heart of our program is discipleship. If you have a student athlete, we look forward to showing you our facilities, including our new outdoor speed and agility center and our new golf development complex.
Every student has opportunities to develop leadership skills at Ben Lippen School. We encourage high schoolers to lead in areas they feel passionate about. A few favorite opportunities include Model UN, YoungLife, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the robotics team, math team, and various theater productions throughout the school year.
Learning Beyond the Classroom
Field trips, learning excursions, and mission trips allow students to gain real-world experience and deepen their understanding of what they’ve learned in the classroom. Ben Lippen’s Winterim program has taken students across the country to share the light of Jesus while developing tangible skills. Students have also traveled overseas on mission trips to Belize, Nicaragua, Haiti, Cuba, and Panama, and educational trips to China, Spain, France, England, Italy, and Germany.
Four years of intentional planning
It’s no surprise that 99% of our students go on to college. We spend four years guiding them as they seek God’s calling on their lives and make a plan to achieve future goals. Our graduates have pursued their dreams at some of the nation’s top universities — Clemson, The University of South Carolina, Penn State, The Citadel, The University of California, and Wofford College to name a few. Below is a summary of how we make sure they are prepared:
- Our counselor meets with all 9th-grade students to begin the conversation around college readiness and career awareness.
- Students are counseled as they develop course plans for high school.
- We emphasize the importance of maintaining a strong GPA.
- Students take a learning and productivity assessment.
- Counselors meet with 10th-grade classes to continue the conversation around college and career prep
- Students utilize the Strengths Explorer assessment to identify their emerging talents and begin thinking about how their strengths can inform their future goals
- Students have 1:1 meetings with counselors to create plans for submitting college applications or taking the next steps toward their goals
- Prep classes for the SAT and ACT are offered
- Visiting college representatives provide information to our students
- School-sponsored college tours allow our students to visit campuses and get a feel for college life
- Students utilize the Career Interest Profiler to help them explore career fields and start thinking about college majors
- Students develop their resumes and can begin building them through internships, missions trips, and part-time jobs
- The summer before senior year, students can participate in a college camp to get started on applications to their best-fit schools
- During the fall semester, three to four college representatives visit our school each week to provide information and answer questions
- Students are offered regular one-on-one counseling sessions to help them finalize college applications
- Outside consultants are brought in throughout the year to provide expert coaching on college essay writing
- College tours are held throughout the year
Visit Ben Lippen School
Schedule a tour to explore our high school and learn why families choose us for their teens. We look forward to seeing you on campus!