Tuition & Account Payment
2020-21 Boarding Student Tuition
$100 per student (non-refundable)
The annual tuition is $40,000. Upon acceptance, a $3,000 deposit per student is due in order to secure the student’s enrollment. This deposit will be applied toward the student’s annual tuition balance. The remainder of tuition and fees are due by July 1, 2020. Boarding students who withdraw for the 2020-21 school year after February 29, 2020, will lose the $3,000 enrollment deposit in addition to any additional payments made for the 2020-21 school year.
English as a Second Language (ESL) / TOEFL Prep Fees
$300 per semester per class
- ESL 1 students usually take 4 classes per semester
- ESL 2 students usually take 3 classes per semester
- ESL 3 students usually take 2 classes per semester
Students must establish a $3,000 emergency fund with Ben Lippen School which is used to cover any unexpected expenses incurred during the school year. The fund must be replenished at the beginning of each school year. Upon graduation or withdrawal, any remaining balance will be refunded.
New Student Fees
These fees are assessed only in the first year.
|Grade||Facility Fee||Class Fee||Orientation Fee|
Full tuition (100%) is due July 1, 202o. The $3,000 per student continuing enrollment deposit for the following school year will be due in February. Payments may be made via bank wire transfer or through FACTS or Flywire.
Fees that are not covered by tuition include but are not limited to:
- Students staying with Ben Lippen-appointed host families during official school closings (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break) are required to pay a stipend to the host family. Stipends are charged against the student’s emergency fund.
- High school students are required to participate in Winterim – an annual educational experience outside the classroom. Winterims range from $0 to $3,000.
- Campus wear from Lands’ End is required during school hours for all students. A new student can expect to spend between $200 and $300 on campus wear initially.
- Students involved in co-curricular activities such as athletics and fine arts may incur additional expenses ranging from $0 to $500.
- An annual TOEFL-iBT exam at student expense is required of all students enrolled in the Ben Lippen ESL program to assess progress and appropriate class placement.
- The ACT and SAT college admission tests at student expense are required of all 11th-grade students.
Families can find the financial aid application at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid.
Ben Lippen School has partnered with the following payment company to give international students an option to pay their fees from any country. Our intention is to save you money on currency exchanges and fees. You are also able to track your payments from when payment is initiated until payment posts on your student account.
Ben Lippen School families are able to safely make international payments to their account by using Flywire.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
Ben Lippen School admits students of any race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. BLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship program, athletic or school-administered programs.