Tuition & Account Payment
2018-2019 Boarding Student Tuition
$100 per student (non-refundable)
Campus Housing: $37,380 (Includes on-campus room, board, and health insurance)
Homestay: $47,380 (Includes homestay room, board, and health insurance)
Students must establish a $3,000 emergency fund with Ben Lippen School which is used to cover any unexpected expenses incurred during the school year. Upon graduation or withdrawal, any remaining balance will be refunded. The fund must be replenished at the beginning of each school year.
|New Student Fee
Assessed the 1st Year Only
English as a Second Language (ESL)
$300 per semester per class
- ESL 1 students usually take 4 classes per semester
- ESL 2 students usually take 3 classes per semester
- ESL 3 students usually take 2 classes per semester
- Students staying with Ben Lippen-appointed host families during official school closings (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break) are required to pay a stipend to the host family. Stipends are charged against the student’s emergency fund.
- Students in grades 9 – 12 are required to participate in Winterim – an annual educational experience outside the classroom. Winterims range from $0 to $3,000.
- Campus wear from Lands’ End is required during school hours for all students. A new student can expect to spend between $200 and $300 on campus wear initially.
- Students participating in co-curricular activities such as athletics and fine arts may incur additional expenses ranging from $0 to $500.
- An annual TOEFL-iBT exam at student expense is required of all students enrolled in the Ben Lippen ESL program to assess progress and appropriate class placement.
- The ACT and SAT college admission tests at student expense are required of all 11th-grade students.
- Upon acceptance, a $3,000 tuition deposit per student is due in order to secure the student’s enrollment.
- A $3,000 per student tuition deposit for each successive school year is billed according to a family’s payment plan (see below). Deposits received after the February re-enrollment period are subject to a late fee of 10%.
Families can find the financial aid application at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid.
For returning students, the deadline for withdrawal without penalty for the 2018-19 school year is February 28, 2018. Boarding students who withdraw for the 2018-19 school year after February 28, 2018, will lose the $3,000 enrollment deposit in addition to any additional payments made for the 2018-19 school year.
Ben Lippen School offers the following payment plan for boarding students. Annual Tuition: Full tuition (100%) is due July 1. The $3,000 per student continuing enrollment deposit for the following school year will be due in February.
Note: Payments may be made through FACTS or Flywire.
Ben Lippen School has partnered with the following payment company to give international students an option to pay their fees from any country. Our intention is to save you money on currency exchanges and fees. You are also able to track your payments from when payment is initiated until payment posts on your student account.
Ben Lippen School families are able to safely make international payments to their account by using Flywire.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
Ben Lippen School admits students of any race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. BLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship program, athletic or school-administered programs.