The Fine Arts Department is excited to offer private music lessons during the 2023-2024 school year! Please see important information, including registration instructions, below. Questions? Contact Mr. Taylor Nelson, Fine Arts Director, at Taylor.Nelson@BenLippen.com.
- Piano and violin, viola, cello, double bass lessons are open to any Ben Lippen student in kindergarten through 12th grade. Lessons will take place at all three campuses.
- Guitar, banjo, mandolin, bass guitar, ukulele and drum lessons are open to any Ben Lippen student in grades 3-12. Lessons will take place at the Monticello Road campus.
- Voice, brass, and woodwind lessons are open to any Ben Lippen student in grades 5-12. Lessons will take place at the Monticello Road campus.
- Visual art, including drawing, painting or sculpting lessons are open to any Ben Lippen students in grades 5-12. Lessons will take place at the Monticello Road Campus.
- Acting lessons are open to any Ben Lippen students in grades 5-12. Lessons will take place at the Monticello Road Campus.
- Students register for private lessons on a semester basis:
- Each semester will include 15 lessons.
- Each lesson will be 30 minutes.
- Arts Academy tuition of $624 per semester will be charged through FACTS.
- Fall Semester 2023 lessons will take place between August 21 and December 15.
- Registration opens on May 6, 2023.
- Spring Semester 2024 lessons will take place between January 8 and May 3.
- Registration opens on October 16, 2023.
- Registered students will be assigned a weekly private lesson at one of the following times. Scheduling is subject to change at the discretion of the Ben Lippen School administration.
- Lower School – Recess, Music Class, After School
- Middle School – Study Hall, Morning Break, Flight Group, Music Class, After School
- High School – Study Hall, Family Group, Music Class, After School
- Make-up lessons will only be given in the event of an instructor’s absence or school closure.
- Students who have a pre-planned absence should provide 24-hour courtesy notice to their private lesson instructors. Make-up lessons will not be given for student absences.
- Students who enroll after the start of the semester are responsible to pay for a full semester. However, the instructor is only responsible to provide one lesson per week remaining in the semester.
- Private lessons are a semester-long commitment. Students who drop out of lessons before the conclusion of the semester will be billed for a full semester.
- Students registered for private lessons must have access to their private lesson instrument at home. Students are expected to practice at home in preparation for their weekly lessons.
- The private lessons fee does not include music method books. Students are responsible for purchasing the materials recommended by the instructor.
Visual Art Lessons Information