In our first chapel of the 2020-21 school year, Antwon Burgess, a student pastor at the Summit Church in North Carolina, shares how he experienced true purpose and value through coming to know Jesus.
- Intro question…Antwon talked a lot about purpose, meaning, and value! What is the most meaningless and meaningful thing(s) you did this summer?
- What about Antwon’s story stood out to you? Why?
- How did Antwon come to saving faith in Jesus? Is anyone willing to share how they came to know Jesus?
- At one point Antwon said, “The god of my life was removed.” What was “the god of Antwon’s life?” How was it taken away? What are some “common gods” amongst middle and high school students at Ben Lippen?
- How does Jesus provide a deeper purpose, value, and meaning than than our unique “gods” that fight for the throne of our hearts?
- Read Philippians 3:7-8 “But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.”
- Close your discussion time in prayer as the Spirit leads.