Daniel “Stal” Stevanus, Student Ministry Director at Mt. Horeb UMC, shares how God’s love and God’s Word comfort us so we can overcome worry.
- Have you ever dismissed your worries as too small or insignificant? Why do we do that? How has this talk today helped you to see your worries as valid?
- How is it helpful to have people around us who know what we are going through?
- What type of feelings do you have knowing that Jesus experienced worry just like you?
- Read 1 Peter 5:7. What can you do to remind yourself throughout the day that God cares for you?
- Read Philippians 4:6-7. Can you tell about a time that you experienced the “peace that passes all understanding” or as Stal called it, “the peace that don’t make no sense?”
- What are some practical ways to overcome worry?