KJ Mack, Middle School Minister at First Baptist Church Columbia, continues our “God Is” series by teaching through Isaiah 6:1-8 and focusing on how God is Holy.
- What was your first reaction to the question, “What comes to mind when you think about God?”
- How did KJ define holiness? How would you define it in your own words?
- Did anything about your understanding of God’s holiness change? How so?
- What aspect of God’s holiness and Isaiah’s response encouraged you most? Why?
- Jesus gives us a perfect picture of what a life of holiness looks like. What do we learn about holiness from Jesus’ life?
- What’s the difference between a life of “holiness” and a life of “legalistic self-righteousness?” Why do people often view these two different ways of life as the same?
- As a follower of Jesus, what are some practical ways to live out the calling to “be holy, as God is holy” (1 Peter 1:16) in everyday life?