In this week’s chapel, Trevor Miller (Family Pastor at Mt. Horeb UMC) points out three reasons why God is real. He shows how the moral argument, the teleological argument, and the evidential argument each make a case for the existence of God.
Warmup Question: For you personally, what created thing most clearly testifies to a creator?
- Why is wrestling with the existence of God so important?
- How would you briefly summarize the 3 different arguments for the existence of God that Trevor made? (Moral, Teleological, Evidential)
- What is the strongest evidence for the existence of God in your personal opinion and why?
- Trevor quoted Brennan Manning by saying, “The greatest single cause of atheism today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips but walk out the door and deny him with their lifestyle, this is what the unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Trevor said, “Your lifestyle be the best argument or the worst argument for God’s existence.” How does this challenge you personally? Why does the Bible place such a high priority on the lifestyle of believers?
- What are some ways that Jesus’ followers hinder people from experiencing Jesus? More specifically, what are ways that Ben Lippen students have grown comfortable in an unbiblical Christianity?
- What people have you experienced God through and how? 8) What experiences have you had that further solidified God’s existence in your own life?