Antwon Burgess, student pastor at The Summit Church in North Carolina, traces God’s Heart for UNITY throughout the Bible and how the blood of Jesus breaks down cultural walls of division.
- Have you ever been a part of a group or a team that was truly united or severely divided? What were both like and what made them so different?
- What are some areas of division at Ben Lippen? What would it take for Ben Lippen to be increasingly unified in those areas? How could you practically pursue unity on campus?
- What are some areas of unity at Ben Lippen that you have noticed?
- Does the gospel divide people or unite people? Why?
- Why is unity amongst Christians so important to Jesus (John 17:20-23)?
- The Bible teaches that Christians are united with Christ (Rom. 6:4-5; Eph. 2:5-6). How is someone united with Christ? What are the benefits of that unity?
- Is there an area of your life where “a dividing wall of hostility” (Eph 2:14) needs to be broken down? Are there broken relationships that need to be restored? In light of the cross, how can you seek to restore unity?
- Pray that families would grow closer through this unique season.
- Pray that our country would be unified as we seek to fight this pandemic together.
- Pray that unity amongst Christians would attract a watching world.
- Pray that specific people would experience the unity and belonging we have in Christ.