View our first online chapel and the discussion questions below. Pastor Trevor Miller of Mt. Horeb UMC shares how to “swim” amidst challenges, fears, and worries.
- Do you have any crazy “swim stories” like Trevor shared?
- What do you think your biggest personal challenge will be throughout this time of social distancing?
- How can you “swim” in response to your biggest challenge?
- Jesus said, “There will be tribulation” (John 16:33). How does that make you feel…surprised, discouraged, or encouraged? Why?
- Have you ever witnessed someone truly experience the peace that Jesus provides (John 16:33) in the midst of a difficult situation? What did that look like? How did it encourage you?
- Trevor said, “The church has the opportunity to be a beacon of light to a world that is in desperate need.” How can you be a beacon of light this week within your own home and to your own family?
- Trevor spoke of swimming with purpose and swimming with attitude. Which are you most challenged by and why?
Consider memorizing John 16:33 as a family this week.
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”