In week three of our virtual chapels for the 2020-21 school year, Middle School Math Teacher Emily Higgins shares how to become spiritually alive and what it means to thrive!
- How is thriving in Jesus contrary to what the world says thriving is?
- In a practical sense, what does thriving look like on a day-to-day basis (especially as a middle or high school student)? What is the evidence of a person thriving?
- Who do you know who’s thriving in his/her walk with Jesus? What specifically about his/her relationship with Jesus do you admire and want to emulate?
- Miss Higgins referenced the story of the bleeding woman in Mark 5. Do you find yourself most often in the crowd as a bystander to Jesus’ power, or like the woman being transformed by Jesus’ power?
- What are your thoughts on the quote Miss Higgins concluded with? “Our problem following Jesus is that we’re trying to be a better version of us, rather than a more accurate reflection of Him.”