Fall Sports Update
I hope you have all had a wonderful summer. Below you will find a detailed letter from Athletic Director Shannon Glenn regarding our Fall athletic information. We have added Sailing and Girls Golf as official sports and a Bass Club for the Fall Season. We are excited to get back into the swing of things!
Please feel free to call me with any questions!
To God be the Glory,
Athletic Operations Manager
After 3 days of a dead period, we officially begin the 21-‐22 Fall Sports season tomorrow! Please make sure your students are registered in FamilyID for the 21-‐22 year and you have uploaded your current physical. Any student not cleared in FamilyID will NOT be allowed to participate in any athletic events. Instructions for registering or editing a registration are under the More tab on www.benlippensports.com.
Please remember you MUST have a physical dated after April 1, 2021, that is signed by a licensed medical provider uploaded BEFORE your student can attend any try-‐outs, open gyms, or practices.
A few reminders for you all as we kick off our Fall Season:
- Please continue to send your athletes with their own water bottle each day to all athletic events.
- COVID policies have not been fully finalized for the season but in the meantime, please continue to be diligent and notify your Head Coach as we as our Athletic Trainer Vicky Williams if your child is diagnosed with or exposed to anyone with COVID 19.
- Several Sports have not been fully finalized and will not begin until after school starts:
- Girls Golf is happening! Please email Coach Taylor at email@example.com if your daughter is interested in participating.
- Sailing will resume with an interest meeting in August. More details will be provided then. The season will not begin until after August 30.
- Bass Club will be an option this year as well. Please make sure you email Coach Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are receiving communication on Bass club.
- Please contact the Head Coach for details on Summer schedules before school begins. Each sport has a different schedule until school starts.
Program Director and Varsity Head Coach: Ellen Jennings email@example.com
Program Director/Head V Coach: Stephen Cagle firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director and Head Coach: Anthony Chu email@example.com
- Girls Tennis
Program Director/Head V Coach: Madeline Welsh firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director/Head Varsity Coach: Sue Dillon email@example.com
- Cross Country
Remind App. Text @blxc2021 to 81010 to sign up.
Program Director and Head Coach: Eric Hamner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Picture Day will be August 10 for all sports except Girls Tennis, Swim, and Sailing.
- Try-outs will be held for the following sports:
- JV/V Volleyball 07/29 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- MS Volleyball 07/30 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Girls Tennis 08/02-‐08/03 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Swim 08/02
Speed and Strength Opportunities for ALL Athletes:
We added several classes for Varsity Sports for our athletes for this year, so there is plenty of room for all High School athletes to be in the Weightlifting block. Please see Registrar if you are not registered and are interested.
Our Director of Sports Performance will be offering strength and conditioning opportunities for the remainder of the summer. Please note that Football and Volleyball are separate.
July 29 and July 30:
HS Boys 1-2
MS Boys 11-12
HS Girls 10-11
MS Girls 12-1
Aug 3 – Aug 11:
Off-Season Girls 3:00-‐4:00 PM
Off-Season Boys 4:00-‐5:00 PM
Please make sure you have signed up for alerts for each sport your student may be participating in via our website www.benlippensports.com. If you click on the “Sign Up for Alerts” at the top of the page, it will walk you through the process. All last-minute athletic changes are communicated through the alert system.
Athletic Calendar and Events
Our Athletic Master Calendar is located on our website at www.benlippensports.com. The Master Athletic Calendar is found under the “More” tab. This sheet is a living document with up-to-date information on all sporting events and activities. You all have access to it as well. The most accurate information, including dismissal and bus departure times will be here. All tryouts, practices, game times, and locations are subject to change. Please contact the coach directly for sport-‐specific questions.
We post all athletic announcements to our Social Media accounts as well. Please follow Ben Lippen Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Athletic announcements that are not sport-specific are also included on our website www.benlippensports.com.
For additional sports and coaches contact information: please visit www.benlippensports.com and click on the Coaches and Staff link under the “More” tab.
Be certain to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter @benlippensports. Weekly reminders and schedule updates will be posted to our social media accounts as well as updated on our Master calendar located under the “More” tab on www.benlippensports.com.
As always, we appreciate your patience, support, and prayers for all of Ben Lippen and Ben Lippen Athletics.
To God be the Glory,