Making the Biggest Difference
The Annual Fund is the unrestricted fund that makes the biggest impact on all Ben Lippen students. It helps close the gap between the true cost of an exceptional Christ-centered education and the amount charged as tuition. You can see the work of the Annual Fund in every aspect of campus life – from providing the best technology in the classrooms, to financial aid and scholarships, to extracurricular and athletic activities that help our students develop their interests and thrive in and out of the classroom.
Your gift to the Annual Fund allows us to recruit the best faculty and staff, who not only challenge our students academically, but also lead them closer to the Lord. In short, the Ben Lippen experience would not be available to many students, without the help of the Annual Fund.
Impact of Your Giving
- Provided 250 students a combined $500,000 in scholarship funds
- Awarded 900 students financial aid totaling $500,000
- Sent 350 students and faculty to serve on the mission field during Winterim
- Expanded academic opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Language
- Construction of an eight-lane Olympic-style Mondotrack at Hathaway-Webber Stadium
- Purchase of two new buses to facilitate student travel
- Extensive improvements to athletic facilities such as a new weight room and classroom at the Caswell Athletic Center
- Renovation of the baseball field and locker rooms, creation of a new softball field and spectator plaza, and renovation of locker rooms
- Increased campus beautification efforts
- Improved boarding experience by renovating and houseparent kitchens, buying two vehicles, and investing in recreational opportunities
It is our true desire to make a Ben Lippen education as affordable as possible and to maintain an inclusive community environment. To protect these things, each year we leave a portion of our needs for the Lord to develop through our donors, instead of simply raising tuition to cover our full operating expenses. The Ben Lippen Annual Fund is the avenue used to meet this need.
Gifts that go to the Annual Fund are simply undesignated contributions, or those that are given without a donor-specified project or purpose. Our donors are connected to the work of our school and believe that students who are deeply rooted in Jesus Christ will, by the power of His Word, bear much fruit. Many, if not all, have been touched by the annual fund personally.
This year, our goal for the Annual Fund is $200,000. Recurring gifts of any size can be made monthly, quarterly, or annually. We also have two online giving opportunities, Giving Tuesday on November 28 and Midlands Gives on May 1, in addition to our annual sporting clay event to be held on April 21. All annual fund gifts are tax-deductible and support every student from preschool through twelfth grade.
We are so grateful for the many donors who make Ben Lippen School a priority. A successful and growing annual fund ensures that our students, faculty, and staff have the resources necessary to achieve and maintain excellence. These funds will continue to be needed as we begin fulfilling the initiatives of our strategic plan that will include a capital campaign. Please look for the monthly thermometer updating our progress towards this vital goal.
Contact our development director at Kelly.Davis@BenLippen.com or (803) 807-4114 to speak confidentially about your charitable support of Ben Lippen School or give today.