High School: Camp Ben Lippen Retreat
We are praying, planning, and counting down the days until our first ever Camp Ben Lippen Retreat at Carolina Point. Our vision behind this trip can be summed up in one simple word that profoundly affects everything. That word is RELATIONSHIPS!
We want to launch the 2021/22 school year by taking the entire high school to a place where we can pause and focus on the two things that matter most, our relationship with God and our relationships with others. At Camp Ben Lippen, students will hear gospel-centered teaching and enjoy countless fun activities with their friends and teachers in the mountains of Brevard, NC. We believe our time together at camp will impact the entire school year and we truly can’t wait to be together at the start of another year!
We need a “WORK CREW” team of parent volunteer campers who are ready to work hard to provide meal support throughout our week at camp. This is an opportunity to serve students, teachers, and the entire school by working in the dining hall to ensure that everyone is fed all week! Having parents serve as our camp work crew gives teachers the freedom to get to know and enjoy students rather than serving behind the scenes. Here’s what to expect if you’re interested in serving on Work Crew:
- What: Camp Ben Lippen
- When: August 17-20
- Where: Carolina Point 19 Pinnacle Point Ln, Brevard, NC 28712
- Why: Relationships!
- Who: All Ben Lippen High School Students (Grades 9-12
- Hard Work: This job is a lot of hard work and the majority of your day will be spent on all things FOOD. However, it’s an incredible opportunity to serve the entire school alongside other parents and have fun in the process. The dining hall is in a beautiful setting on a hillside that overlooks camp!
- Cost: There is no camp cost for the work crew team. It’s simply a volunteer position.
- Arrival/Departure: Drive or Carpool to Carolina Point and arrive earlier than campers on Aug. 17 and leave later than campers on Aug. 20.
- Child(ren) at camp? There will be minimal/no time with your child at camp. Don’t expect to interact with them at camp. They will be busy and you will be busy too!
- Lodging: Work crew has separate (and nicer) housing than the student campers.
Please let us know if you’d like to serve on work crew by filling out this Google Form (click link). Regardless of what you decide, please join us in prayer for Camp Ben Lippen. Pray that God’s Spirit would be powerfully at work in the lives of our students through this camp. Blessings in Christ!
Upper School Teacher