High School: Opportunity to Serve at Camp Ben Lippen
Ben Lippen High School Parents,
I wanted to let you know there are still available spots if you’re interested in joining Camp Ben Lippen at Carolina Point and serving on the Parent Volunteer Work Crew Team! Below are the details that went out in our previous email. Feel free to reach out to me or Crystal Blackwell (our Work Crew Coordinator – Blackwellhome@gmail.com) if you are interested in serving or have any questions.
We need a “WORK CREW” team of parent volunteer campers who are ready to work hard to provide meal support throughout our week at camp. This is an opportunity to serve students, teachers, and the entire school by working in the dining hall to ensure that everyone is fed all week! Having parents serve as our camp work crew gives teachers the freedom to get to know and enjoy students rather than serving behind the scenes. Here’s what to expect if you’re interested in serving on Work Crew:
- What: Camp Ben Lippen
- When: August 17-20
- Where: Carolina Point 19 Pinnacle Point Ln, Brevard, NC 28712
- Why: Relationships!
- Who: All Ben Lippen High School Students (Grades 9-12
- Hard Work: This job is a lot of hard work and the majority of your day will be spent on all things FOOD. However, it’s an incredible opportunity to serve the entire school alongside other parents and have fun in the process. The dining hall is in a beautiful setting on a hillside that overlooks camp!
- Cost: There is no camp cost for the work crew team. It’s simply a volunteer position.
- Arrival/Departure: Drive or Carpool to Carolina Point and arrive earlier than campers on Aug. 17 and leave later than campers on Aug. 20.
- Child(ren) at camp? There will be minimal/no time with your child at camp. Don’t expect to interact with them at camp. They will be busy and you will be busy too!
- Lodging: Work crew has separate (and nicer) housing than the student campers.
Please let us know if you’d like to serve on work crew by filling out this Google Form (click link). Regardless of what you decide, please join us in prayer for Camp Ben Lippen. Pray that God’s Spirit would be powerfully at work in the lives of our students through this camp. Blessings in Christ!
Upper School Teacher