High School Reminders: Testing Day and Spirit Week
Dear High School Parents and Students,
It’s hard to believe that we have reached the end of the 1st quarter. The last 9 weeks have gone by so quickly, but have been full of new friendships, learning, and growth! We have an amazing group of students this year in the high school and I am excited to continue through this school year with them. As we begin the 2nd quarter, here are a few reminders:
- 1st Quarter Grades – Report cards will be released on Wednesday October 13.
- Testing Day – Wednesday, October 13, is a testing day for the high school. This is a half day and we will let students out when the testing is completed by all classes, which will be approximately 12:15 p.m.
- Students need to bring a calculator, pencils (#2), a snack, and a water bottle.
- Freshmen will be taking the Practice ACT.
- Sophomores and Juniors will be taking the PSAT.
- Seniors (who signed up) will be taking the school day SAT.
- Seniors who did not sign up for the SAT do not need to come to school that day.
- Fall Break – Fall Break will officially begin when we dismiss on Wednesday October 13. We will be out of school on Thursday (October 14) and Friday (October 15). Classes will resume on Monday October 18.
- Spirit Week/Homecoming – The week we return from Fall Break is Spirit Week! Please find attached a flier for the dress up days for Spirit Week. We will use a special schedule that week to allow students to participate in Spirit Week assemblies and competitions. This schedule will be sent out next week to students and parents.
- Homecoming – Students will be working all week on booths for the Homecoming Carnival. Class officers will be sending out emails for supplies that they are collecting to assist in the building of the booths. Classes typically work after school on their carnival booths and class advisors are present. Included on the Spirit Week flier is a timeline for Homecoming events on Friday. Spirit Week will conclude with our Homecoming festivities on Friday evening.
- Parent Summit – On Tuesday, November 2, 8:30am-9:45am at the Jones Center at CIU, Dr. Ryan Pack will be speaking to Ben Lippen parents on the topic of Parenting from a Christian Worldview. You don’t want to miss this incredible opportunity to hear from Dr. Pack, pastor of Riverland Hills Baptist Church. More information to come in the next couple weeks. This seminar is designed for parents of Pre-K3-12th grade students.
- Private School Night at USC: The USC Women’s Soccer program is hosting Tennessee this Sunday, October 10, at 2 p.m. They are hosting a Private School Day for Ben Lippen, Hammond, and Heathwood Hall. Wear your school shirts or colors to get in for $1 admission. There will be a tailgate set up before kickoff where kids can play games and cheer on the players as they walk out
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to the High School Office (Gina.Dickinson@BenLippen.com).
High School Principal