High School Summer Update 7.22.21
Dear High School Parents and Students,
I hope everyone has enjoyed their summers so far. It is crazy to think that we are less than 3 weeks away from the first day of school. I am looking forward to having all the students back on campus, but at the same time don’t want to rush the end of the summer.
We have a lot going on here in the school as we prepare for that first day on August 11th. Construction is ongoing with the remodel of the cafeteria and we look forward to seeing the completion of the first phase of the project when school starts. We also have the new middle school bathrooms going in and should be completed in the coming weeks.
As we are preparing for the coming school year, I want to give you a small update on a few things going on in the high school:
- Student Schedules – Students’ schedules can be accessed in Renweb starting today. To see your child’s schedule, you can log in to ParentsWeb and access it there. Mrs. Harmon and I are still making a few changes to student schedules and filling in empty blocks that we are aware of. If you notice an empty block in your schedule or want to make any changes, please email Registrar@BenLippen.me with the issue/change that needs to be addressed and we will be in touch. Family Groups and Study Halls will be filled in as we get closer to the start of school.
- High School Supply List – The High School Supply List has been updated and is on the school website.
- Outerwear Policy Update – We are making final updates to the 2021/2022 Student Life Handbook and should have it published on the website soon. However, there is one change that I wanted to make everyone aware of. We are updating our outerwear policy on any garment (sweater, sweatshirt, coat, etc) worn over a student’s Ben Lippen collared shirt or Friday spirit wear. They must follow these guidelines:
- All outerwear must be a solid color in the BL Campus Wear color palette (limited to green, yellow/gold, gray, black, or white).
- Images on outerwear are to be limited to the company that manufactured the clothing. Company logos (e.g. The North Face, Nike, Patagonia, etc) must be no larger than pocket-size for any outerwear that is not issued by a Ben Lippen team/ program or purchased from the Ben Lippen Fan Shop.
- No other images, other than Ben Lippen logos or a small logo of the company that manufactured the clothing, will be allowed.
- Private Music Lessons – Ben Lippen School is excited to offer private music lessons in piano and strings! Registration for lessons during or after school is open now at com/PrivateLessons.
- High School Open Campus – We will be hosting an Open Campus on Tuesday, August 10th (the day before school starts) from 9AM-12PM for any student in grades 9 through 12 who would like to get their schedules and meet their teachers. Students will also be able to check-out lockers, check-out their textbooks, and receive parking decals.
If you have any questions or need anything please feel free to reach out to me (Max.Russell@BenLippen.com) or the high school office (Gina.Dickinson@BenLippen.com). I hope everyone enjoys these last weeks of summer. Go Falcons!
High School Principal