High School Update: Happy Thanksgiving!
Dear High School Parents and Students,
As I look back on this current school year, there is so much to be thankful for! From the start, with an amazing Camp Ben Lippen, I have seen God show up in so many ways in the hallways of the high school. I am so thankful for the wonderful faculty and staff that give so much to their students and classrooms each day. On top of that, we have an amazing group of students that make being an educator so worth it. I love to see the energy and growth that is evident each and every day by the students. The Lord’s provision and blessings have truly been evident!
As we begin our last week before Thanksgiving Break, here are a few items I need to make you aware of:
- Thanksgiving Break will begin at the end of school on Friday (November 19) and will run through all of next week. We will return to school on Monday, November 29. I hope everyone will have a restful break full of time with family.
- As we return from Thanksgiving Break, we will have roughly two and a half weeks of classes before Semester Exams begin. Exams will be from Wednesday, December 15, through Friday, December 17. Those days are half days (noon dismissal) for all Ben Lippen students and high school students may dress in Ben Lippen Spirit Wear (jeans with any Ben Lippen shirt). The exam schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, December 15 – English and Math
- Thursday, December 16 – Science and History
- Friday, December 17 – World Languages and Bible
- Starting this year, all students in grades 9-12 can be exempt from semester exams (except for AP courses) if they have a combined 1st and 2nd quarter average of 90 or above. More information regarding exams will be sent when we return from Thanksgiving.
- The high school Christmas Social is scheduled for Saturday, December 18 at Oakbrook Farms in Ridgeway, SC, from 6-9 p.m. This event is a semi-formal event and dress guidelines can be found in the Student Handbook (pp. 22-23). Tickets for the event are $25 and can be purchased with cash or check (made out to Ben Lippen School) starting tomorrow (Tuesday) during the lunch hour. Tickets can be purchased throughout this week and continue after Thanksgiving break.
Thank you for the opportunity to partner with you in the education of your child(ren). If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the High School Office (Gina.Dickinson@BenLippen.com). Go Falcons!
High School Principal