High School Update: Schedules & Open Campus
Dear High School Parents and Students,
I hope everyone has enjoyed their summers so far. It is crazy to think that we are less than 2 weeks away from the first day of school. We welcomed our new faculty and staff (listed below) on campus yesterday and we have all faculty and staff returning next week to get things ready for the start of school (Wednesday, August 10). I am looking forward to having everyone back on campus, but at the same time don’t want to rush the end of the summer.
As we are preparing for the coming school year, I want to give you a small update on a few things going on in the high school:
- Student Schedules – Students’ schedules can be accessed in Renweb starting today. To see your child’s schedule, you can log in to ParentsWeb and access it there. If there are any questions or changes that need to be made you can email Mrs. Dallery (firstname.lastname@example.org). Family Groups and Study Halls will be filled in as we get closer to the start of school.
- High School Supply List – The High School Supply List has been updated and is on the school website.
- New Student Orientation: All new students are invited to attend our New Student Orientation on Tuesday, August 9 from 9AM-11AM to receive a student-led tour and receive a variety of information to help in their transition to Ben Lippen. New students can be dropped off and picked up in the front of the school by the gym. Also, it is recommended that new students bring a bag to Orientation since we will be handing out Chromebooks and they will have the opportunity to pick up textbooks for classes they are registered for.
- Open Campus: As well as New Student Orientation, we will be hosting an Open Campus for all students on August 9 from 9AM-12PM. During Open Campus, students will be able to walk their schedule, meet teachers, pick up textbooks, receive parking decals (if needed), and check out lockers (if needed). New students will be able to participate in Open Campus as soon as Orientation concludes.
- New Faces: Finally, I am excited to introduce our new high school faculty and staff. It has been a pleasure to get to know these individuals and I look forward to seeing how the Lord will use their giftings to impact our students in the classroom and hallways.
- Ms. Bethany Campbell – World History
- Mrs. Shalane Conrads – Seminar English
- Mr. Alec Grooms – Drama/Theater
- Mr. Avery Jeffeaux – Band
- Mrs. Laura Jones – New Testament Bible
- Mrs. Tara Mitchell – High School Assistant Principal
- Mr. Rick Remer – Upper School Director of Student Life
- Ms. Jane Reese – Spanish 1
- Mr. Forest Reese – Physics/Engineering and Chemistry (CP)
- Mrs. Danielle Rockey – Spanish 1 and 2
- Mrs. Sarah Taylor – Freshman English
- Coach Bennett Weigle – Computer Technology
- Camp Ben Lippen Retreat – We are getting more and more excited about the high school Camp Ben Lippen Retreat at Carolina Point. Last year’s retreat was such an awesome experience and impactful in the lives of so many students. You can see just a few of the many highlights of last year’s retreat by clicking here (https://vimeo.com/596795993). The dates of the retreat this year will be Monday, August 15 to Thursday, August 18. We will leave at 7:30AM on Monday and be back by the end of the school day on Thursday. On Friday, August 19 there is no school for high school students to allow time for rest and recovery from the retreat. The purpose of the trip is for the high schoolers to have fun, grow closer in their relationships with each other, and ultimately grow in their relationship with the Lord. We are excited that all high schoolers will be able to start the school year off with this retreat and gain valuable time to focus on our Lord and Savior as we begin and go through the new school year.
If you have any questions or need anything please feel free to reach out to me (email@example.com) or the high school office (firstname.lastname@example.org). I hope everyone enjoys these last weeks of summer. Go Falcons!
High School Principal
Ben Lippen School