Lower School NE Campus Updates: 10.20.22
The following are reminders for this week:
- Falcon Fund in Five This Week: Can you give a “High Five” to Ben Lippen by showing your support for the Falcon Fund? This week, October 17-21, we are asking all Ben Lippen parents to give to the Falcon Fund during the Falcon Fund in Five giving drive! We need you to join us by participating at ANY level so that we can reach our goal of 100% participation. We thank you for your participation!
- Ben Lippen Lower School Truck-or-Treat: Ben Lippen PTF, along with our wonderful booster club members, will be sponsoring a trunk-or-treat event before this Friday’s home football game on October 21st. See the attached handout for details.
Lower school students may dress in pink with jeans for the theme – PINK OUT – during school this Friday and for the football game!
- Book Fair News from Mrs. Leneschmidt: The NE Book Fair will be here before you know it, and this year it will be Out of this World as we Blast off to Reading!
· What: NE Campus Book Fair
· When: Monday, Nov. 7 through Thursday, Nov. 10 from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Where: NE Campus
The children will be bringing home their wish lists on Monday, November 7. We will have an extended shopping time on Tuesday, November 8 from 5:00-7:00 pm during our special Family Night at the Fair. Look for more information coming soon! There will also be a Coloring Contest for each grade sent home this week and this will be due on Tuesday, Nov. 1. A winner will be selected in each class and will receive a FREE (up to $10) book from the Book Fair.
If you are interested in helping at the fair, please click on the link below to see the volunteering opportunities: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4EA9A729A6FD0-book2
- Fruit of the Spirit Awards: Every month a student from each class that best exemplifies the character trait of the month is chosen by their teacher to receive the Fruit of the Spirit award. Those students are recognized and receive an award certificate and a treat.
Please consider signing up to provide a treat for our students using the following link: Parent Sign Up for Fruit of the Spirit Award Treats.
September’s Kindness Recipients were:
PK4: Henry Helsley
K5: Lucy Neal Burkhalter
1st: Eli Wenning
2nd: Marley Murphy
- Make-up Picture Day NEXT Wednesday, October 26th: NE make-up picture day is scheduled for next Wednesday, October 26th. If your child was absent on our original picture day, their picture will automatically be taken; however, if you want your child to take a second picture, please notify Amy Parks in the front office so your child’s name can be added to the list.
- Aladdin Jr.: Ben Lippen’s Fine Arts department is proud to present Disney’s Aladdin Jr., featuring our middle school students. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased online at Benlippen.com/AladdinJr.
- Sibling Applications: We are calling for ALL sibling applications for the 2023-24 school year. Our admissions team is moving forward with sibling applications in the coming weeks. Space is already limited in many grades. Add a sibling application to your RenWeb account. If you have questions about Lower School Admissions (Pre-K3 – 4th grade), please reach out to Lil Mason at Lil.Mason@BenLippen.com or (803) 807-4111. For questions about Upper School Admissions (5th-12th grade), please contact Kelly Adams at Kelly.Adams@BenLippen.com or (803) 807-4110.
October 17-21 Falcon Fund in Five Giving Drive
October 26 NE Make-Up Picture Day
Nov 7-10 NE Book Fair
Nov 10 Headmaster Coffee
Nov 21-25 Thanksgiving Break
Amy Parks, MSN, RN
NE School Nurse
Ben Lippen School
(803) 807-4500 Phone
(803) 744-1387 Fax