Lower School Reminders 11.15.19 (SAR)
Car Seat Check at Columbia International University (CIU): Please see the attached flyer for details regarding a car seat check event that will be held on November 21 on the campus of CIU.
Cold Weather: As the weather gets colder, please remember to send a jacket with your child. The teachers do take the students outside throughout the school day as well as during morning and after-school care. Don’t forget to write your child’s name in their jacket so that we can get it back to them if lost.
Christmas Program Information: Our Christmas program is fast approaching. It will be held on Tuesday, December 10, at 7:00 PM (doors open at 6:30 PM) in the SAR auditorium. Students arrive at 6:30 PM and PreK and kindergarten students will go to their classrooms. 1st through 4th graders are to meet in cafeteria and 5th graders meet in choir room at SAR.
Please note that lower school students are to wear the following for the Christmas program.
- Kindergarten: Solid white shirts with khaki pants or khaki skirts with leggings (leggings should be gray, khaki or white)
- PreK & 1st-4th grades: Solid red shirts with khaki pants or khaki skirts with leggings (leggings should be gray, khaki or white)
- 5th grade: Mrs. Hunt has sent home separate information for the dress for 5th graders. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Family Thanksgiving Lunch – November 22: We are so excited about our upcoming Family Thanksgiving Lunch. The lunch will be held of Friday, November 22 in the cafeteria. We will have two lunch sessions (11:15 AM – Last name beginning with A-L and at 12:15 PM – Last name beginnings with M-Z). We are looking forward to a wonderful time of family fellowship.
All-School Pep Rally: All students will be attending an All-School Pep Rally on Friday, December 6, from 1:25-2:00 PM in the upper school gym. This will also be the event where our principals will fulfill their promise to ride a bull if our Boosterthon goal was met. Thank you, parents and students, for helping us reach that goal!!! Just a reminder that parents have already signed a permission form at the beginning of the year so no further form is needed. However, we want to make you aware that the students will be traveling by bus to the MR campus on December 6 at 12:50 PM and will return back to SAR around 2:15 PM. Please contact the school office with any questions.
Sibling Applications for 2020-2021: We are now accepting sibling applications for enrollment in the 2020-2021 school year for students in PreK3 – 12th grade. It may seem far away, but it will be here before you know it! Apply at www.BenLippen.com. If you have any questions, please contact Margaret Porter at (803) 807-4111 for the lower school students and Kelly Adams at (803) 807-4110 for upper school students.
Dates to Remember:
- November 22 SAR Family Thanksgiving Lunch
- November 25-29 Thanksgiving Break
- December 6 All School Pep Rally (BLS Upper School Gym)
- December 10 Lower School Christmas Program – 7:00 PM – SAR Auditorium
- December 20 Half Day of School – 11:45 Dismissal (No after school care due to the half-day)
- Dec 23-Jan 3 Christmas Break
- January 6 Classes Resume