Lower School Reminders 11.16.21 (SAR)
Falcon Fund: Instead of hosting a Boosterthon event this fall, Ben Lippen is asking for parents to give through the Falcon Fund Parent Giving Drive, which runs through November 18. The Falcon Fund raises unrestricted gifts to support the annual operating budget, which includes instructional materials, program support, updated equipment and technology, and professional development for teachers. It impacts every student, on every campus. As is the “norm” for most independent schools, tuition does not cover the full cost of educating each student, and we rely on charitable donations to bridge the gap.
We ask that all Ben Lippen parents give to help us reach the goal of 100% participation. No amount is too big or too small, so please pledge or give today by going to www.benlippen.com/give. Thank you for your generosity!
Operation Christmas Child: Don’t forget that the shoe boxes are due tomorrow, November 17. They will be picked up from the SAR campus at 12:00 PM so please make sure to have them to the office before noon. (Please note that you are welcome to drop the boxes off at any collection site.) Thank you for supporting Operation Christmas Child this Christmas season.
Thanksgiving Break: Thanksgiving break begins next Monday, November 22. Classes will resume on Monday, November 29. We pray that each of your families has a blessed Thanksgiving!
PTF Fall Festival: Thank you to our PTF for a great Fall Festival!
Upcoming Half-Days: December 15-17 are half-days for all students. Students will dismiss at 11:45 am and there will be no extended care offered on the half days.
Christmas Performances: Please save the dates for our upcoming Christmas performances in our Performing Arts Center here at the Saint Andrews Road campus. 1st-4th grade students will perform on Tuesday, December 14 at 6:30 pm. PK3- Kindergarten students will perform on Thursday, December 16 at 10:30 am.
Students are to wear the following for the Christmas program:
- PreK3 students are making their shirts in school.
- PK4 Students are to wear jeans and long sleeve white shirts (girls can wear a white bow)
- Kindergarten, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade students all wear jeans and a Christmassy shirt (girls can wear dresses and leggings)
- 1st grade students are to wear jeans and a white long sleeve shirt. (students will be shepherds and angels)
- November 22-26 Thanksgiving Break
- November 29 Classes Resume
- December 14 Christmas Program – 1st-4th Grades: 6:30PM
- December 16 Christmas Program – PK3-Kindergarten: 10:30AM
- December 15-17 Half Days of School – Dismissal at 11:45 (No after school care on half days)
- December 20-January 3 Christmas Break