Lower School Reminders 5.2.19 (SAR)
Field Day: Just a reminder that field day is tomorrow, May 3. It will be a half day of school with drop off (8:00 AM) and pick up (12:00 PM) at the Monticello Road Lower School Campus. Please note that no one will be at the SAR campus. Early morning care will be held on the playground at the MR campus for both MR and SAR students from 7:15-8:00 AM.
Mother-Son Brunch: Our Mother-Son Brunch is just around the corner. It will be held on Tuesday, May 7 from 8:15-9:45 AM. The boys are asked to wear regular campus wear that day (and their tennis shoes for P.E.) and will also need to bring a t-shirt to slip on while they are painting with their moms so they don’t get any paint on their campus wear clothing.
- Cup/Mug Fundraiser: The cups/mugs that you ordered from the recent PTF fundraiser will be in next week and will be sent home as soon as possible.
- PTF Game Night: Mark your calendar for Tuesday, May 14, for an evening of family fun. A flyer will be sent home with more details of this fun evening.
Fine Arts Festival: Our annual Lower School Fine Arts Festival will be held Thursday, May 9. The evening will begin at 6:00 PM and will include student artwork for PreK – 5th grade, 3rd-5th-grade instruments, Legacy snack sale, library book sale, and much more. Watch for more information in your child’s Tuesday folder next week. We hope you can join us for this wonderful evening.
Retirement Letters: As you have heard, we have two of our SAR teachers retiring at the end of this school year – pre-kindergarten teacher Mrs. Grace Lehman (30 years at Ben Lippen) and 1st-grade teacher, Mrs. Martha Hughes (20 years at Ben Lippen). As a special way of honoring them for all of their years of teaching and caring for the students and families, we are putting together a scrapbook of photos, letters, and other mementos to SURPRISE them with at the end of the school year. With you being a current parent of lower school students, we wanted to give you the opportunity to contribute to this collection of memories. If you would like, we would love for you to write a note to Mrs. Lehman and/or Mrs. Hughes that we can put it in the book. You may hand-write the note and send it into the office with my name on the envelope or simply attach it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will print it out. It can be a sweet memory, funny story, as short as “thank you” or as long as you like. Please feel free to pass this on to your children as well – they would LOVE hearing from them too. And…if you have a picture you could add, that would be wonderful. If you would like to participate, please send your notes by May 6 so we can get them into the book before the end of the school year.
May 3 Field Day (at the MR Campus) Half day of School
May 3 Firefly Game
May 7 Mother-Son Brunch (SAR Cafeteria) 8:15 AM
May 9 Lower School Fine Arts Festival (at the SAR Campus) 6:00 PM
May 17 Governor’s Cup Run
May 21 Fifth Grade Promotion chapel (at the SAR Campus) 9:30 AM
May 22 Last day of school – Half Day with dismissal at 11:45 AM
Administrative Assistant – SAR
Ben Lippen School
(803) 807-4351 Phone
Please see the email message below from Mrs. Laura Hunt (Music Teacher).
Greetings Ben Lippen Lower School Parents!
I wanted to remind you of the upcoming events we have for our students.
- The Columbia Fireflies game (where our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades will be singing the National Anthem) is THIS FRIDAY, May 3. Third-fifth graders are to meet me right inside the main gate at 6:05 so that we can get ready to sing. After we sing, the 3rd through 5th graders will be sitting with a parent or guardian for the remainder of the game. Please be close by so your child can find you after we sing.
- This is also the game that the PreK -5th-grade students can use their reading incentive tickets they earned earlier this spring.
- The game begins at 7:05 and it is not too late to get a ticket for the May 3 game, you can purchase tickets at the main gate for $9.00 each. Parking is $4.00 (cash only) per car.
- Please wear a Ben Lippen shirt to the game.
- Reminder: The Fine Arts Festival is NEXT THURSDAY, May 9th at SAR (St. Andrews Road location). All of our Pre-k-5th-grade students’ artwork will be on display. We will begin our art show at 6 and our music show at 6:45. Please have your student at the festival at 6 to enjoy the artwork and to be ready to begin our music showcase promptly at 6:45.
Please see the note below from February with details of the evening. The free dinner is only for those students that earned the free ticket.
Fireflies Reading Program – From Patty Swift: As the letter stated, your child will earn a free ticket to a Fireflies game and dinner (hot dog, drink, and chips)… Our school’s game date is Friday, May 3rd. I look forward to seeing you all at the ballpark. Many of our students will also be singing the National Anthem on the field that night under the direction of Mrs. Hunt. She will not be ordering any tickets this year. All free tickets will come through the reading program only unless purchased the night of the game.
Thank you for the opportunity to teach your child music!