Lower School Reminders 8.6.21 (SAR)
New Parent Dinner: The New Parent Dinner will be held on Monday, August 9 from 6:00-8:00 PM. It will be held in our Upper School Gymnasium at the Monticello Road Campus (7401 Monticello Road Campus). This parent-only event will help answer any final questions/concerns and help new BLS parents meet and connect with returning BLS parents. If you have not sent in your RSVP or have any questions, please contact Lil Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
SAR Open Campus “Drop-In”: Our SAR Open Campus will be held between 10:00-11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 10 for our PK3 through 4th-grade families. This is a time to come and meet the teacher, bring in your school supplies, and see the classroom. Please also stop by the courtyard on this day to pick up a packet that will contain your carpool number and other information about the school year. If you are unable to attend the Open Campus, we will give your packet to your child’s teacher and she will send it home with your child on the first day of school. Listed below are the Open Campus times for all of our lower school campuses.
- Northeast Lower School Campus: 8:30-9:30 AM
- Monticello Road Lower School Campus: 9:00-10:30 AM
- St. Andrews Road Lower School Campus: 10:00-11:30 AM
Parent Night: Parent Night will be held on Monday, August 23 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. This evening is an opportunity for parents of students in grades PK3 – 4th to visit their child’s classroom and to hear from their teacher about the upcoming school year. Parents with more than one child will have the opportunity to visit multiple classrooms.
Don’t Forget to Sign Up For:
- Shuttle Bus Service: Sign up at www.benlippen.com/current-families/shuttle-bus-schedules/. This service will begin on Wednesday, August 11.
- Extended Care (Morning and Afternoon): Afternoon extended care will begin on Thursday, August 12, at 3:00 p.m. and ends each day at 5:45 p.m. (We do not offer afternoon extended care on early dismissal days.) Please be sure to fill out the registration form online at www.benlippen.com/current-families/extended-care-registration/.
- Lunch Program: We are so excited to once again offer an optional lunch program with Schoolhouse Fare. Schoolhouse Fare provides a secure, fast, and easy-to-use online ordering system that allows you to order, pay and manage your student lunches on the web. Go to www.schoolhousefare.com (password: BLSA) to register for this lunch program.
First Day of School: We are looking forward to our first day of school which will be held on Wednesday, August 11. Just a reminder that this is a half-day of school with dismissal at 11:45 AM. There will be no after-school care on this day due to the half-day of school and the shuttle bus will run on a half-day schedule.
- August 9 New Family Dinner – 6:00-8:00 PM (Upper School Gymnasium)
- August 10 Open Campus – SAR 10:00-11:30 AM
- August 11 First Day of School-1/2 Day with dismissal at 11:45AM
- August 23 Lower School Parent Night – 6:00 PM