Lower School Reminders and Parking/Details for Glow Run (SAR)
Boosterthon Glow Run Tomorrow: Don’t forget that tomorrow, November 7, is our Glow Run that will be held at the MR upper school gym. The students will be transported from SAR to MR and back to SAR by bus. Please note the following:
- PreK through 2nd-grade students will participate in the Glow Run at 9:15 AM. Students will leave SAR at 8:50 and will return by 10:30 AM
- 3rd grade through 5th-grade students will participate in the Glow Run at 10:15 AM. Students will leave SAR at 9:50 AM and will return by 11:30 PM.
- Students are asked to wear their P.E. uniforms and tennis shoes.
- Students will receive their Boosterthon shirt in the morning in their classroom and can put it on over their P.E. shirt.
- Parents are welcome to attend. The gym will not open before 9:05 AM so parents are welcome to head over to Grace Coffee located in the student center at CIU or you can stop by the new Arts and Science Center at Ben Lippen and ask for a tour of this brand new facility.
- Parent Parking will be held in the senior parking lot in front of the high school.
- Don’t forget….tonight is the last night for pledging. Thank you for your wonderful support!
Early Morning Care: Just a reminder that the students go outside during early morning care so don’t forget to send a coat or jacket with your child. Please also make sure to label any outerwear.
Christmas Program Information: Our Christmas program is fast approaching. It will be held on Tuesday, December 10, at 7:00 PM (doors open at 6:30 PM) in the SAR auditorium. Students arrive at 6:30 PM and PreK and kindergarten students will go to their classrooms. 1st through 4th graders are to meet in cafeteria and 5th graders meet in choir room at SAR.
Please note that lower school students are to wear the following for the Christmas program.
- Kindergarten: Solid white shirts with khaki pants or khaki skirts with leggings (leggings should be gray, khaki or white)
- PreK & 1st-4th grades: Solid red shirts with khaki pants or khaki skirts with leggings (leggings should be gray, khaki or white)
- 5th grade: Mrs. Hunt has sent home separate information for the dress for 5th graders. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Family Thanksgiving Lunch – November 12: We are so excited about our upcoming Family Thanksgiving Lunch. A flyer/reservation form was sent home today with detailed information and is due back, Wednesday, November 13. We will have two lunch sessions (11:15 AM – Last name beginning with A-L and at 12:15 PM – Last name beginnings with M-Z). We are looking forward to a wonderful time of family fellowship.
Falcon Fall Festival: A huge thank you to our PTF and parent volunteers for the wonderful job with our first ever Falcon Fall Festival. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and fun! Job WELL done!
Sibling Applications for 2020-2021: We are now accepting sibling applications for enrollment in the 2020-2021 school year for students in PreK3 – 12th grade. It may seem far away, but it will be here before you know it! Apply at www.BenLippen.com. If you have any questions, please contact Margaret Porter at (803) 807-4111 for the lower school students and Kelly Adams at (803) 807-4110 for upper school students.
Upper School Drama: The Fine Arts Department of Ben Lippen School is excited to present the Upper School Musical, ANNIE, on November 14-15. It will be held at the SAR Auditorium.
Dates to Remember:
- November 7 Boosterthon Glow Run
- November 14-15 Upper School Drama – Annie
- November 22 SAR Family Thanksgiving Lunch
- November 25-29 Thanksgiving Break
- December 10 Lower School Christmas Program – 7 PM – SAR Auditorium
- December 20 Half Day of School – 11:45 Dismissal (No after school care due to the half-day)
- Dec 23-Jan 3 Christmas Break
- January 6 Classes Resume