Middle School: 2022-2023 Information Packet, Supply List, and Important Dates!
Dear Ben Lippen Middle School Parents,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! We are looking forward to welcoming nearly 350 Middle School students back to campus on the first day of school, which is Wednesday, August 10th!
It is our sincere prayer that you have enjoyed a fun, safe, and relaxing summer together with your family and friends! As we turn our attention to the upcoming school year, please know that our team of teachers, administrators, and support personnel have been hard at work this summer in preparation for what we believe will be one of the best years ever here at Ben Lippen School! We want you to know that our team is dedicated to providing your children with the best Christ-centered education and experience possible. We would ask that you join us in praying for all of our amazing students and staff members as we embark on this journey together!
The purpose of today’s email is to share some very basic Middle School information with you. Attached you will find the Middle School Information Packet and the Middle School Supply List for 2022-2023. While the Supply List was already sent a few weeks ago, the additional information packet that I have attached will be very helpful as you prepare for the upcoming year.
If you have questions about the start of the new school year, please reach out to the following individuals:
- General Questions: Mrs. Sara Bonner (803-807-4200, email@example.com)
- School Policies: Mr. Corey Thompson (803-807-4235, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Academic Matters: Mrs. Tracy Fernandez (803-807-4206, email@example.com)
- Student Services/Support: Mrs. Rachel Peake (803-807-4200, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Before going further, please note that Middle School student schedules are almost ready! There are a few adjustments and changes that still need to be made as we work to place each student into their classes for the coming year. As a result, there is a possibility that some of what you may have seen in RenWeb could change. We appreciate your patience! We expect the schedules to be finalized by Friday, August 5th!
In addition, more information will be shared in the coming days as we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to school on Wednesday, August 10th, which will be a ½ day (Noon dismissal). In the next day or two, you will receive important information pertaining to our New Student Orientation (August 9th), Open Campus (August 9th), the first day of school, and details about some exciting back-to-school family events that will take place in August!
I’d also like to share a few brief updates about our Middle School program as we move into the new year together:
- Please note that Mrs. Tracy Fernandez’s title has changed from Middle School Director of Academics and Faculty to Middle School Assistant Principal.
- We are pleased to announce the addition of a Middle School Counselor position to better serve our students in the areas of support and guidance. Mrs. Rachel Peake has transitioned to this role, and we are excited to see how The Lord will use her strong relationships with our students to provide support, guidance, and encouragement. Mrs. Peake has several years of experience in leadership and administration at her previous school, and she will work alongside Mrs. Trisha Kirkland (HS Counselor) in this important area.
- We are also excited to share with you the addition of Mr. Rick Remer as our Upper School Director of Student Life (serving Grades 5-12). Mr. Remer has served in Christian education in a variety of roles during his career, including teacher, coach, and Dean. Mr. Remer’s primary responsibilities will be to assist in numerous Student Life projects, trips, activities, and initiatives for our Middle and High School divisions. He will also assist the Principals and Assistant Principals in minor disciplinary matters.
- We have added 6th Grade (Mr. Caleb Brower) and 7th Grade (Mr. Stephen Jacobs) Bible teaching positions to provide additional staff, experience, and support to our Bible Department.
- We have also added the following staff members to our Middle School team: Mrs. Elizabeth Kennedy (6th Grade ELA), Mr. Tim Wheeler (6th Grade Science), Mrs. Gail Lee (7th Grade ELA), Mrs. Camilla Stastny (8th Grade ELA), Mr. Alec Grooms (MS/HS Theatre), and Mr. Avery Jeffeaux (MS/HS Band).
- We are currently seeking applicants who would be interested in being substitute teachers (contact Mrs. Sara Bonner) and bus drivers (contact Coach Shannon Glenn) for Ben Lippen School.
- 3 additional Middle School classrooms have been added to accommodate our expansion and growth, and several other projects are being completed in our Dining Hall, athletic facilities, and academic buildings.
Important Dates For Upcoming Events
- New Student Orientation: Tuesday, August 9th (9:00-10:30 am). This is an orientation for all 5th Graders and any 6th, 7th, or 8th Grade students who are new to Ben Lippen this year. Tours will be given, and helpful information will be shared. A separate email with specific details will be sent to all 5th Graders and new students next week!
- Open Campus: Tuesday, August 9th (10:30 am-Noon). This time is open for all returning 6th, 7th, and 8th Graders who would like to visit the campus, see classrooms, and speak with teachers before the first day of school.
- 1st Day of School: Wednesday, August 10th (1/2 day, 8:10 am-Noon). Please note, there is no After School Study Hall on ½ days!
- Middle School Parent Night: Tuesday, August 16th (6:00-8:00 pm). This is an opportunity for Middle School parents to hear from school administrators, visit their child’s classrooms, and meet their teachers.
As mentioned earlier, please be on the lookout for additional information pertaining to back-to-school events and first-day procedures that will be shared via email next week.
In closing, I want to take a moment to reaffirm our pledge to walk with you in the days ahead. You have often heard us use the phrase “partnership” here at BLS, and our commitment to you and to your children is as strong today as it has ever been.
We look forward to the journey ahead, and to serving you and your children as we seek to glorify Him in the process.
We are praying for you and for all BLS students as the summer draws to a close. Your prayers, in return, are appreciated as we prepare for what promises to be a special year for the entire Ben Lippen community!
Middle School Principal
Ben Lippen School