Middle School: Blanket Drive and Spirit (of Giving) Week 2019
Dear Middle School Parents and Students,
Happy Friday! I know that you and your families are looking forward to a special Thanksgiving holiday together. I pray that everyone is safe over the break and that you enjoy the time away to relax and reflect upon The Lord’s blessings!
It’s hard to believe, but Christmas is just around the corner! I wanted to reach out to you today to share some information about several exciting opportunities that we have planned for our Middle School students in the days leading up to our Christmas break!
First, we are launching a BLANKET, SOCKS, and GLOVES DRIVE here in the Middle School from December 9th-13th! We will partner with local charities, ministries, and shelters to help those in need this Christmas! If you feel led to participate, we will be collecting new (unused) blankets, socks, gloves, and other warm clothing items each day. Donations can be dropped off during Car Line or in Mrs. Cochrane’s office each morning.*Please note, there will not be a competition associated with this service project, as we want to stress the purpose of “giving” during this time of the year! The incentive for the students and staff will be included in the special days and activities that we have planned (read below)!
Second, we are giving our Middle School students a chance to enjoy a special “SPIRIT (of Giving) WEEK” from December 9th-13th. During that week, students will be able to participate in some fun activities and dress up for the following spirit days:
- Monday, December 9th is “CHRISTMAS COLORS DAY”: Wear red, green, white and other holiday season attire to school!
- Tuesday, December 10th is “CHRISTMAS CHARACTER DAY”: Dress as a Christmas character! Santa hats, reindeer antlers, red noses, Frosty, George or Mary Bailey (for us “older kids”), etc.!
- Wednesday, December 11th is “CHRISTMAS SWEATER/SHIRT DAY”: Wear your favorite Christmas sweater/shirt, tacky or otherwise!
- Thursday, December 12th is “CHRISTMAS TOY or CAROL DAY”: Dress up as a toy! Football player, video game character, toy soldier (no toy weapons allowed), stuffed animals, dolls, etc.! Or, dress in a way to represent your favorite Christmas Carol!
- Friday, December 13th is “REASON FOR THE SEASON DAY”: We bring everything back to the TRUE meaning of Christmas by celebrating the birth of our Savior! Biblical characters, shepherds, angles, or any Christian themed costume or t-shirt will do!
***Students are not required to dress up or to participate. For those who do, appropriate jeans and costume items are allowed. Please use good discretion when selecting items for wear. Tights or leggings should be covered with an item of appropriate length. Those students who choose not to participate should wear regular Campus Wear to school.
In addition, our students will have the opportunity to participate in the following…
- Several Fine Arts performances (December 3rd, 10th, and 12th)! Look for more details from our Fine Arts Department!
- December 18th, 19th, and 20th: ½ Days of school for Middle and High School!
- December 20th: Middle School Christmas activities will be held on campus that morning! Inflatable obstacle course, Christmas karaoke, contests, and more!
Thank you for the opportunity to serve your children! We are looking forward to an exciting and eventful Christmas Season in the days ahead!
Middle School Principal