Middle School: ERB Testing
Dear Middle School Parents and Students,
Good morning. I hope that all of you are enjoying your weekend.
This week (Monday, 4/25, through Thursday, 4/28), we will have ERB testing for our middle school students. Testing will begin at 9:10 am on Monday and at 8:10 am on Tuesday through Thursday.
The test our students take is called the Comprehensive Testing Program, or CTP. The test will be taken on their Chromebooks. The purpose of the CTP is “to assess student growth and performance at the time of testing. This enables the school to identify strengths
and weaknesses at an individual and group level.” (ERB Website). The ERB data will be used to make curricular and instructional decisions in-house. The ERB CTP is widely used by independent schools of similar size and student population, which will give a
clearer picture of our students’ progress by comparison. The results of these tests will be sent home to parents at the end of the year.
Testing will take place in your students’ study hall classroom each day and take place up until the first lunch and break time. After the first lunch, students will resume with a regular schedule. There will be no homework given the week of testing.
There are a few things you can help with to ensure your student is ready for testing:
- Chromebooks-For the seventh and eighth graders, be sure that they bring a FULLY charged Chromebook to school each day. Fifth and sixth graders get them out of the Chromebook cart each day.
- Campus wear– Please be sure that students come to school in appropriate campus wear.
- Breakfast and snack– Be sure your child eats a healthy breakfast and plan to send them with a snack and water bottle each day.
- Sleep– Be sure your student gets a good night’s sleep.
- On-time– Please be sure your student arrives on time. Since tests are timed they will not be permitted into the classroom once testing begins.
In addition, this Friday, April 29, will be a half-day for students with a 12:00 dismissal time.
If you have any questions regarding testing, please let me know.
Have a great week,
MS Director of Academics and Faculty