Middle School MAP Testing
Dear Middle School Parents,
Good afternoon. The middle school students will participate in a session of MAP testing NEXT Wednesday, 5/11, and Thursday, 5/12 from 8:10-10:00 A.M. Please be sure that your child eats a healthy breakfast and arrives on time on these days.
MAP Growth scores help teachers check student performance by measuring achievement and growth. Teachers use results to tailor classroom lessons and set goals for students. MAP Growth tests are unique, and it adapts to your child’s responses to measure your child’s skill level. If your child answers a question correctly, the next question is more challenging. If they answer incorrectly, the next one is easier. These results will provide a more complete picture of what your child knows and is ready to learn—whether it is on, above, or below their grade level. Since MAP Growth tests provide immediate and accurate information about your child’s learning, it’s easy for teachers to identify students with similar scores that are generally ready for instruction in similar skills and topics, and then plan instruction accordingly.
Feel free to look up further information on NWEA’s website: MAP Family Toolkit.
General information regarding testing:
- Students in fifth and sixth grade will go to their regularly scheduled first-period class on testing days.
- Seventh and eighth-grade students will go to their study hall class in the morning when they arrive on both days. Please be sure that students bring their Chromebooks fully charged on both days.
- Students may bring a snack and water bottle.
- After testing, students will resume a regular schedule.
- Parents will receive their students’ MAP test results along with report cards at the end of the school year.
Have a great rest of your week,
MS Director of Academics and Faculty