Middle School Reminder: Spiritual Life Challenge Fun Day
Dear Middle School Parents,
Just a reminder that this week our Middle School students will participate in our annual BLS Spiritual Life Challenge with a one-day fun experience off-campus at Camp Bethel in Gaston, SC!
This event will take place during normal school hours. Students should arrive at school at the normal time, and will be back before the school day ends.
5th and 6th Graders will have their day on Wednesday, September 8.
7th and 8th Graders will have their day on Thursday, September 9.
This will be a day filled with fun group activities and opportunities for our students and staff to learn, grow, and be challenged in our relationship with Christ!
Here are some important notes regarding this special event:
- There is NO COST for this event. There is also no need to bring additional money, as there is nothing to purchase or buy at the camp!
- Students should arrive to school at the regular time. After taking attendance in STUDY HALL, we will quickly load the busses and travel to Gaston, SC for a fun day at Bethel Christian Camp! We will return to campus around 2:30-2:45 pm that afternoon. Students may be picked up at any time after we return.
- A pizza lunch, drinks, and light snacks will be provided for students. Students may bring their own lunch and drinks if they prefer.
- Permission slips and waiver forms are attached to this email. Please return both of these right away to your child’s Study Hall teacher. NOTE: THERE ARE 2 FORMS!
- Activities that day will include games and lake activities during our free time! Please be sure to read, sign, and return BOTH the permission form and the waiver!
- Students should dress comfortably. They should wear a Ben Lippen shirt and can wear athletic attire or normal Friday wear. Appropriate athletic pants/shorts are allowed, but please avoid leggings or yoga style pants. Everyone should wear tennis shoes that day! Students who plan to swim should wear their swim attire under their clothing, as there is very limited restroom space available for changing.
- For swimming activities (optional), we respectfully request modest and appropriate swimsuits for our young men and young ladies. Per our policies, for young ladies who plan to swim, we request 1-piece suits, a tankini in which the pieces touch/overlap, or that a dark t-shirt be worn over 2-piece suits while swimming. If you plan to swim, don’t forget your towel!
Again, please return BOTH the permission slip and the waiver to your child’s STUDY HALL teacher by Tuesday! We are looking forward to a great time of fun and spiritual growth for our Middle School during this special event!
Corey Thompson and Sara Bonner
Middle School Principal and Administrative Assistant