Middle School: Spiritual Life Challenge – Reminders for Tomorrow
Dear Middle School Families,
I wanted to reach out to you this morning with a few quick reminders about tomorrow’s BLS Middle School Spiritual Life Challenge!
Purpose: This day is for fun group activities, friendship building, and for our students and staff to learn, grow, and be challenged in our relationship with Christ!
Important notes regarding this special event:
– Students should arrive to school at the regular time (no later than 8:10 am). Students have been instructed to report directly to their STUDY HALL for attendance and to receive their t-shirts.
– No need to bring the typical books/bag to school (students won’t need their books, iPads, etc). Only a SMALL bag for clothes/towel should be brought. We HIGHLY ENCOURAGE students not to bring any unnecessary items!
– After taking attendance, we will quickly load the busses and travel to Gaston, SC for a fun day at Bethel Christian Camp! We anticipate leaving Ben Lippen by 8:25 am!
– We will return to campus by 3:15 pm in the afternoon.
– A pizza lunch, drinks, and light snacks will be provided for students.
– Students must have BOTH the permission slip and waiver form signed and completed to participate. Both forms are attached to this email.
– Our speaker, Ben Lippen School Spiritual Life Director Chad Burnett, will share God’s Word and a spiritual challenge for the coming year with our students and staff!
– Activities will include games and lake activities during our free time!
– Students should dress comfortably. They will wear their Spiritual Life Challenge t-shirts that the school provides (Friday t-shirts should be worn to school prior to changing). Appropriate athletic pants/shorts are allowed, but please avoid spandex, leggings, or yoga pants. Everyone should wear tennis shoes. Hats are allowed.
– For swimming activities (optional), we respectfully request modest and appropriate swimsuits for our young men and young ladies. Per our policies, for young ladies who plan to swim, we request 1-piece suits, or that a dark t-shirt be worn over 2-piece suits while swimming. If you plan to swim, don’t forget your towel!
We are looking forward to a great day of fun and spiritual growth for our Middle School tomorrow!
Middle School Principal