MR Campus Updates: 11.29.22
Please note the following reminders:
Christmas Programs; Please see the information below regarding our upcoming lower school Christmas programs.
- Date and Time:
- 1st -4th Grades: December 13 at 6:30 pm in the Performing Arts Center at SAR
- PK3 – K5: December 15 at 10:30 am in the Performing Arts Center at SAR
- What to wear: Students are to wear a Christmas outfit.
- Girls – Christmas dress or skirt with a red or green shirt
- Boys – Khaki pants with a button-down shirt or Christmas sweater
Upcoming Half-Days: December 14-16 are half-days for all students. Students will dismiss at 11:45 am and there will be no extended care offered on these days. The bus will run on a half day schedule.
Christmas Break: Please note that the student return date from Christmas break is Wednesday, January 4. The Ben Lippen online calendar reflects the correct date of January 4 but the printable version that you may have from the beginning of the year does not reflect this date change.
- Tuesday, January 3, is when faculty/staff return.
- Wednesday, January 4, is when all students return – full day of school.
Message from our Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF): As the Christmas season approaches, similar to years past, the Parent Teacher Fellowship will be giving all Ben Lippen teachers, administration and staff a monetary Christmas gift. This is a wonderful and meaningful way to honor and love our teachers and staff. By pooling our resources together, we can give a significant gift to those who spend the most time with our children. A flyer was sent home last week in your child’s folder with more information. We are hopeful that this also helps you by shortening your Christmas gift list. You can contribute via Venmo, check or cash and the deadline to participate is Friday, December 9.
- Venmo – @BLS-PTF (last 4 digits of phone number are 1390). Be sure to include your first and last name in the description so your name can be included on the card.
- Checks (made out to Kathryn Burkhalter) or Cash – send in to the school office in an envelope labeled “Teacher Appreciation Christmas Gift – Your First and Last Name”.
Lost and Found: Due to the continued changing weather, we have collected quite a few jackets and sweatshirts. The lost and found items will be located on a table in the lobby. Any items not picked up by December 16 will be donated to the clothes closet or taken to Goodwill. Just a friendly reminder to label your child’s clothing. If there is a name in their jacket, we do our best to get it back to the student when found. Thank you!
Coffee with the Headmaster (NE Campus): Enjoy coffee and conversation with our headmaster, Dr. Tony Fajardo, and fellow Ben Lippen parents. It will be held on Thursday, December 8, at the Northeast campus from 8:30-9:30 am.
Important Dates to Remember
December 8 Coffee with the Headmaster at the Northeast Campus
December 13 Lower School Christmas Program 1st – 4th Grades (6:30 pm)
December 15 Lower School Christmas Program PK3-K5 (10:30 am)
December 14-16 Half Days of School – Dismissal at 11:45 am (No After School Care)
January 4 Classes Resume – Full Day of School