MR Campus Updates: 2.14.23
Here are a few important reminders for the upcoming weeks:
- No School -February 17th and 20th: Students will not attend school this Friday, February 17th or Monday, February 20th due to a planned teacher workday and President’s Day. We look forward to welcoming our students back to school on Tuesday, February 21st.
- Addition of 3rd and 4th Grades to the NE campus: Plans are in motion for the NE campus to continue to expand to accommodate 3rd and 4th grades for the upcoming
2023-24 school year! Interested families should contact Lil Mason, Admissions Director for Lower School, at Lil.Mason@BenLippen.com
- Parenting Summit: Save the date for our next Parenting Summit on Thursday, February 23rd 8:30-10am at the William H. Jones Center @ CIU
- Did you know that 11% of school aged children are diagnosed with ADHD? Ben Lippen School recognizes that while there are many advantages to ADHD, there can also be challenges. This Parenting Summit is designed to increase parents’ understanding of ADHD, as well as share strategies to improve life at home and school.
- Leah Danford, PhD and Trisha Kirkland, LPC will share from their professional training and personal experiences to help parents feel better equipped to guide their students.
- Daddy/Daughter Sweetheart Dance (Western Night): Please mark your calendar and save the date for Saturday, February 25th 6:30-8:30pm at the Ben Lippen School Gymnasium (MR campus). PK3-4thgrade girls are invited to bring their dad, grandfather, uncle, or special male guest. Cost is $25 per family. Please return the registration form and payment by Tuesday, February 21st. See attached flyer for details.
- Grandparents’ Day: Ben Lippen Lower School will celebrate Grandparents’ Day on Friday, March 10th, which is also a half day of school. The morning will begin with grade level presentations at 8:45am and will be followed by classroom visits and refreshments at 9:15 am. An invitation has been sent home in your child’s folder and one is attached for your convenience.
- Message from PTF: Please save the date for the Mother/Son Neon Dodgeball event scheduled for Saturday, April 1st. A flyer is coming home today.
- Fireflies Reading Program: Ben Lippen Lower School is participating in the Columbia Fireflies Reading Program. Your child will have the opportunity to improve their reading skills and earn a FREE ticket to a Fireflies baseball game. The reading program is from Wednesday, February 1st to Friday, March 10th. Our school’s game date is Sunday, May 7th at 6:05pm. Additional tickets may be purchased at a discounted rate of $10 per person.
Feb 17 & 20 No School (Teacher Work Day/President’s Day)
Feb 25 Daddy/Daughter Dance
March 10 Grandparents’ Day – Half day of school
March 20-24 Read Across Ben Lippen Week
March 27-31 Teacher Appreciation Week
April 1 Mother/Son Night