NE Campus Updates: 1.11.23
Welcome back to the second half of the 2022-23 school year! We are off to a great start and are looking forward to what the Lord will do as we continue to serve Him throughout this year! As your family continues to adjust to the routine of returning to school, here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- MLK Day: This coming Monday, January 16th is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. There will be no school on this date.
- Afterschool Clubs: Flyers and registration information for 2nd-semester clubs can be found in your child’s folder today.
- Coffee with the Headmaster: Enjoy coffee and conversation with our headmaster, Dr. Tony Fajardo, and fellow Ben Lippen parents this Thursday, January 12th 8:30am-9:30am at the MPR on the MR Lower School Campus.
- 2023-2024 Re-Enrollment: Re-enrollment is not an automatic process. You will need to re-enroll each student and pay a $500 deposit to secure your child(ren)’s space(s). If your circumstances have changed and you will not be returning, please select “will not enroll.” Please be sure to click the SUBMIT button at the end. The deadline for re-enrollment is January 31, 2023. After that date, all unsecured seats will be open to the public. Please contact Lil Mason, Admissions Director for the Lower School, with any questions at Lil.Mason@BenLippen.com
- International Week: Ben Lippen School will celebrate International Week from January 30th – February 3rd. Lower School students are invited to wear cultural attire from a country of their choice on Friday, February 3rd. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- MAP testing: K5-2nd grade lower school students will have MAP testing the week of January 23-27. Your child’s teacher will send home details regarding specific dates.
- Campus Wear / Outerwear Reminder: In addition to outerwear purchased from Lands’ End, while inside the school building, students may wear jackets and sweaters which are not purchased from Lands’ End. These jackets and sweaters must be a solid color within the BLS Campus Wear color palette and are not required to bear the Ben Lippen logo or promote a BLS team or organization. Company logos (e.g., The North Face) are acceptable. Colors in the Ben Lippen color palette for outerwear include black, grey, green, yellow, and white. Coats/jackets and sweaters worn outside for recess do not have to fall within the BL color palette.
Jan 12 Coffee with the Headmaster
Jan 16 No School – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Jan 23-27 MAP testing (K5-2nd)
Jan 30-Feb 3 International Week
March 10 Grandparent’s Day – Half day of school
Amy Parks, MSN, BS, RN
NE School Nurse
Ben Lippen School
(803) 807-4500 Phone
(803) 744-1387 Fax