NE Campus Updates: 1.17.23
Here are a few important reminders for the upcoming weeks:
- Falcon Feast: Falcon Feast order forms for the month of February can be found in your child’s folder this afternoon. Order forms, along with payment, should be returned no later than Monday, January 23rd. Please make note of the field trip dates to avoid ordering lunch when your child will not be on campus.
- Beauty and the Beast: Ben Lippen Fine Arts is excited to present Disney’s Beauty and the Beast featuring students in grades 9-12. Performances are Feb 9-11 at 7pm at the Ben Lippen School Performing Arts Center (500 St. Andrews Road). Tickets will go on sale to the general public at BenLippen.com/BeautyAndTheBeast on Wednesday, February 1st at 9 a.m. Friends of Fine Arts members may order tickets on Monday, January 30, at 9 a.m.
- Afterschool Clubs: Flyers and registration information for 2nd-semester clubs was sent home in your child’s folder last week.
-Mondays: Soccer Shots (PK4-K5), ongoing
-Wednesdays: Ballet (PK4-2nd), begins 1/25 for an 11 week “minimester”
-Thursdays: Karate (PK4-2nd), ongoing
-BL Athletics Youth Development on Mondays and Wednesdays (1st & 2nd). Football
begins the week of February 6th
- 2023-2024 Re-Enrollment: Re-enrollment is not an automatic process. You will need to re-enroll each student and pay a $500 deposit to secure your child(ren)’s space(s). If your circumstances have changed and you will not be returning, please select “will not enroll.” Please be sure to click the SUBMIT button at the end. The deadline for re-enrollment is January 31, 2023. After that date, all unsecured seats will be open to the public. Please contact Lil Mason, Admissions Director for the Lower School, with any questions at Lil.Mason@BenLippen.com
- International Week: Ben Lippen School will celebrate International Week from January 30th – February 3rd. Lower School students are invited to wear cultural attire from a country of their choice on Friday, February 3rd. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- MAP testing: K5-2nd grade lower school students will have MAP testing the week of January 23-27. Your child’s teacher will send home details regarding specific dates.
- Campus Wear / Outerwear Reminder: In addition to outerwear purchased from Lands’ End, while inside the school building, students may wear jackets and sweaters which are not purchased from Lands’ End. These jackets and sweaters must be a solid color within the BLS Campus Wear color palette and are not required to bear the Ben Lippen logo or promote a BLS team or organization. Company logos (e.g., The North Face) are acceptable. Colors in the Ben Lippen color palette for outerwear include black, grey, green, yellow, and white. Coats/jackets and sweaters worn outside for recess do not have to fall within the BL color palette.
Jan 23-27 MAP testing (K5-2nd)
Jan 30-Feb 3 International Week
Feb 9-11 Beauty and the Beast Production, featuring students in grades 9-12
March 10 Grandparent’s Day – Half day of school
Amy Parks, MSN, BS, RN
NE School Nurse
Ben Lippen School
(803) 807-4500 Phone
(803) 744-1387 Fax