NE Campus Updates: 11.16.22
The following are reminders for this week:
- Fall Festival Refunds: Refunds for the Fall Festival were sent home in folders yesterday.
- Thanksgiving Feast this Friday, November 18: Please remember to send a lunch in with your child if you did not pre-order a Thanksgiving Feast meal from Lizard’s Thicket.
- Fall Parenting Summit: Join us for the Fall Parenting Summit on Thursday, November 17, from 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. at the William H. Jones Center @ CIU
Topic Title: Stewarding Your Child’s Mental Health
Did you know that mental health concerns are on the rise among youth in the United States? Ben Lippen School recognizes that our students face many challenges in today’s world, which could cause an increase in stress and sadness.
Join us Thursday, November 17, when Licensed Professional Counselor, Bert Medlin, will speak to parents of students in grades K3-12 to bring awareness to different types of mental health struggles and offer prevention strategies. Parents will be equipped with a holistic approach to preventing mental health struggles, as well as learn what to do if they have a concern for their child’s wellbeing.
Link to event: https://www.benlippen.com/fall-parenting-summit/
- Cooking and STEM Fall Camp: Calling all Kindergarten through 4th Graders for a Cooking and STEM Camp during Thanksgiving Break. Camp dates are November 21 & 22 from 8:30am-3:30pm on the SAR campus. The cost is $80 per day or $150 for both days. Hurry to reserve your spot as space is limited!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- Operation Christmas Child: Please return all filled boxes no later than tomorrow, Wednesday, November 16th.
- Christmas Guest Readers: Help us “unwrap” the gift of reading this year by sharing a favorite Christmas book as a guest reader in the Library! Click on the link below to find your child’s class time and sign up. You can bring a favorite book or I can provide one for you. We do ask that you please avoid books with references to Santa Claus. Thank you!
- Christmas Programs:
1st and 2nd Grades – December 13th at 6:30pm @ SAR
PK4 and K5 – December 15th at 10:30am @ SAR
What to wear: Students are to wear a Christmas outfit (i.e., Girls – Christmas dress or skirt with a red or green shirt; Boys – Khaki pants with a button down shirt or Christmas sweater).
- Campus Wear: This is a friendly reminder that all outerwear worn inside the building such as sweatshirts, hoodies, sweaters etc. should be solid in color in the BL campus wear color palette (black, white, gray, green, yellow/gold). Students should also wear a campus wear top underneath the outerwear. Please refer to the student handbook for additional information Student Life Handbook
Nov 17 Fall Parenting Summit
Nov 21-25 Thanksgiving Break
Dec 13 Lower School Christmas Program 1st-4th
Dec 15 Lower School Christmas Program PK3-K5
Dec 14-16 Half Day of School
Amy Parks, MSN, RN
NE School Nurse
Ben Lippen School
(803) 807-4500 Phone
(803) 744-1387 Fax