NE Campus Updates: 11.3.22
The following are reminders for this week:
- Book Fair News from Mrs. Leneschmidt: The NE Book Fair will be here before you know it, and this year it will be Out of this World as we Blast off to Reading!
What: Northeast Book Fair
When: Monday, Nov. 7 through Thursday, November 10 from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: NE Campus
The children will be bringing home their wish lists on Monday, November 7. Coloring Contest sheets for grades PreK4-2nd grade were sent home last week and judging for the contest will be Tuesday, November 1. A winner will be selected from each class and will receive a FREE (up to $10) book from the Book Fair. See you soon at the fair!!
We will also have an extended shopping time at the book fair on Tuesday, November 8 from 5:00-7:00 pm during our special NE Family Night. There will be extra book fair shopping hours, crafts, games, and more. Please see the attached flyer with details!
If you are interested in helping at the fair, please click on the link below to see the volunteering opportunities: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4EA9A729A6FD0-book2
- Falcon Fall Festival: The Ben Lippen Lower School PTF invites you to the Falcon Fall Festival Saturday, November 12th from 10am-1pm. The event will be held at the football field at the MR Campus. There will be food, fellowship, and lots of fun activities (bounce houses, yard games, hayrides & more). The cost for the event is $10 per family. An attendance form was sent home with your child last week and is attached for your convenience.
- Thanksgiving Feast: The NE campus is offering an optional Thanksgiving Feast meal from Lizard’s Thicket on Friday, November 18th. The cost is $7 per meal. Refer to the flyer sent home today for additional information and please return the form with payment no later than Wednesday, November 9th to indicate whether you are ordering Lizard’s Thicket for your child or planning to send in a lunch as usual.
- Operation Christmas Child: The Ben Lippen School Discipleship Office is sponsoring a school-wide service project in partnership with Samaritan’s Purse: Operation Christmas Child. Please see the fliers sent home in your child’s folder to learn more about the project and how you can help a child experience the love of God in a tangible way this Christmas season.
Shoeboxes are available in the front office. Please stop by and grab one or let your child’s teacher know if you would like a box sent home. Please include a $10 donation per box to cover shipping and other ministry costs.
Filled shoeboxes should be returned no later than Monday, November 14th.
- Fall Parenting Summit: Join us for the Fall Parenting Summit on Thursday, November 17, from 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. at the William H. Jones Center @ CIU
Topic Title: Stewarding Your Child’s Mental Health
Did you know that mental health concerns are on the rise among youth in the United States? Ben Lippen School recognizes that our students face many challenges in today’s world, which could cause an increase in stress and sadness.
Join us Thursday, November 17, when Licensed Professional Counselor, Bert Medlin, will speak to parents of students in grades K3-12 to bring awareness to different types of mental health struggles and offer prevention strategies. Parents will be equipped with a holistic approach to preventing mental health struggles, as well as learn what to do if they have a concern for their child’s wellbeing.
Link to event: https://www.benlippen.com/fall-parenting-summit/
- Fruit of the Spirit Awards: Every month a student from each class that best exemplifies the character trait of the month is chosen by their teacher to receive the Fruit of the Spirit award. Those students are recognized and receive an award certificate and a treat.
October’s Self Control Recipients were:
PK4: Steven Lykes
K5: John Michael Register
1st: Ezra Bradley
2nd: Jaidah Wright
Nov 7-10 NE Book Fair
Nov 10 Headmaster Coffee
Nov 21-25 Thanksgiving Break
Amy Parks, MSN, RN
NE School Nurse
Ben Lippen School
(803) 807-4500 Phone
(803) 744-1387 Fax