NE Campus Updates: 11.8.22
The following are reminders for this week:
- Book Fair News from Mrs. Leneschmidt: The NE Book Fair is in full swing this week!
Please join us this evening for our NE Family Night from 5-7pm. There will be extra book fair shopping hours, crafts, games, pizza, snow cones, and more. Please see the attached flyer with details!
What: Northeast Book Fair
When: Monday, Nov. 7 through Thursday, November 10 from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: NE Campus
If you are interested in helping at the fair, please click on the link below to see the volunteering opportunities: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4EA9A729A6FD0-book2
- Falcon Fall Festival: The Ben Lippen Lower School PTF invites you to the Falcon Fall Festival Saturday, November 12th from 10am-1pm. The event will be held at the football field at the MR Campus. There will be food, fellowship, and lots of fun activities (bounce houses, yard games, hayrides & more). The cost for the event is $10 per family.
- Thanksgiving Feast: The NE campus is offering an optional Thanksgiving Feast meal from Lizard’s Thicket on Friday, November 18th. The cost is $7 per meal.
Order forms with payment are due tomorrow Wednesday, November 9th to indicate whether you are ordering Lizard’s Thicket for your child or planning to send in a lunch as usual.
- Fall Parenting Summit: Join us for the Fall Parenting Summit on Thursday, November 17, from 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. at the William H. Jones Center @ CIU
Topic Title: Stewarding Your Child’s Mental Health
Did you know that mental health concerns are on the rise among youth in the United States? Ben Lippen School recognizes that our students face many challenges in today’s world, which could cause an increase in stress and sadness.
Join us Thursday, November 17, when Licensed Professional Counselor, Bert Medlin, will speak to parents of students in grades K3-12 to bring awareness to different types of mental health struggles and offer prevention strategies. Parents will be equipped with a holistic approach to preventing mental health struggles, as well as learn what to do if they have a concern for their child’s wellbeing.
Link to event: https://www.benlippen.com/fall-parenting-summit/
- Cooking and STEM Fall Camp: Calling all Kindergarten through 4th Graders for a Cooking and STEM Camp during Thanksgiving Break. Camp dates are November 21 & 22 from 8:30am-3:30pm on the SAR campus. The cost is $80 per day or $150 for both days. Hurry to reserve your spot as space is limited!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- Operation Christmas Child: The Ben Lippen School Discipleship Office is sponsoring a school-wide service project in partnership with Samaritan’s Purse: Operation Christmas Child. Please see the fliers sent home in your child’s folder to learn more about the project and how you can help a child experience the love of God in a tangible way this Christmas season.
Shoeboxes are available in the front office. Please stop by and grab one or let your child’s teacher know if you would like a box sent home. Please include a $10 donation per box to cover shipping and other ministry costs.
Filled shoeboxes should be returned no later than Monday, November 14th.
- Campus Wear: This is a friendly reminder that all outerwear worn inside the building such as sweatshirts, hoodies, sweaters etc. should be solid in color in the BL campus wear color palette (black, white, gray, green, yellow/gold). Students should also wear a campus wear top underneath the outerwear. Please refer to the student handbook for additional information:Student Handbook
Nov 7-10 NE Book Fair
Nov 10 Headmaster Coffee
Nov 12 Falcon Fall Festival
Nov 14 Operation Christmas Shoeboxes Due
Nov 17 Fall Parenting Summit
Nov 21-25 Thanksgiving Break
Dec 13 Lower School Christmas Program 1st-4th
Dec 15 Lower School Christmas Program PK3-K5
Dec 14-16 Half Day of School
Amy Parks, MSN, RN
NE School Nurse
Ben Lippen School
(803) 807-4500 Phone
(803) 744-1387 Fax