NE Campus Updates: 12.6.22
December is such a busy time! We are hopeful each of you can take some time to stop and reflect on the real reason we celebrate the Christmas season! Here are a few reminders for this week:
- Christmas Stories, Hot Cocoa and Pajama Day: Our annual Christmas stories and hot cocoa event with Mrs. Agee and Mrs. Larsen will be held tomorrow, Wednesday December 7th. Students are encouraged to wear school appropriate pajamas to enjoy this event!
- Christmas Camp: Calling all K5 through 4th graders for a “Crafts, Cooking and More” camp on December 19 & 20 at the SAR campus from 8:30-3:30. The cost is $80 per day or $150 for both days. Hurry to reserve your spot as space is limited.
Email email@example.com to sign up!
Messages from PTF:
- Christmas Collection for BLS Teachers & Staff: As the Christmas season approaches, similar to years past, we will be giving all Ben Lippen teachers, administration and staff a monetary Christmas gift. This is a wonderful and meaningful way to honor and love our teachers and staff. By pooling our resources together, we can give a significant gift to those who spend the most time with our children. We are hopeful that this also helps you by shortening your Christmas gift list. You can contribute via Venmo, check or cash.
o Venmo – @BLS-PTF (last 4 digits of phone number are 1390). Be sure to include your first and last name in the description.
o Check – Make out to Kathryn Burkhalter. Send to your office in an envelope labeled “Teacher Appreciation Christmas Gift – Your First and Last Name”.
o Cash – Send to your office in an envelope labeled “Teacher Appreciation Christmas Gift – Your First and Last Name”.
Please include your first and last name with your form of payment so your name can be included in the card. The deadline to participate is Friday, December 9th. Participation is voluntary.
- Parent Volunteers Needed:Our NE faculty and staff will be having a breakfast together before school on Monday, December 12th to fellowship and exchange gifts with one another. It would be a tremendous blessing to them if parents would volunteer to cover the early morning care from 7:30-8:30. Please review the attached sign-up list if you are able to serve. Volunteers must be on the approved volunteer/chaperone list.
- Fruit of the Spirit Awards: Once a month a student from each class is selected for exemplifying the character trait of the month. We are asking for parent volunteers to supply a treat for the recipients of the Fruit of the Spirit awards. Please use the link below to volunteer if you are interested in helping. Thank you in advance for helping us to celebrate these students.
November’s Faithfulness Recipients were:
PK4: Clara Jones
K5: Evelyn Burkhalter
1st: Aaron Bookstaver
2nd: Bruner Register
- Coffee with the Headmaster: Enjoy coffee and conversation with our Headmaster, Dr. Tony Fajardo, and fellow Ben Lippen parents on Thursday, December 8th at the NE campus.
- Falcon Feast: Order forms for January Falcon Feast were sent home in your child’s folder yesterday. Please return the order forms with payment attached no later than Friday, December 9th.
- Christmas Programs:
1st and 2nd Grades – December 13th at 6:30pm in the Performing Arts Center @ SAR. Doors for the performance will open at 6pm for seating. Students must be on campus at 6pm and will meet in the cafeteria.
PK4 and K5 – December 15th at 10:30am in the Performing Arts Center @ SAR. Doors for the performance will open at 10am for seating. All students MUST be picked up at SAR after the program on 12/15 as there will not be a bus back to the NE campus.
What to wear: Students are to wear a Christmas outfit (i.e., Girls – Christmas dress or skirt with a red or green shirt; Boys – Khaki pants with a button-down shirt or Christmas sweater).
- Half Days / Christmas Break: December 14, 15 and 16 are half days with dismissal at 11:45am. There is no extended care offered on half days. Please note all students return from Christmas Break on Wednesday, January 4th, which is a change from the original printable calendar on the BLS website.
Dec 7 NE Campus Pajama Day/Christmas Stories and Hot Cocoa
Dec 8 Headmaster Coffee @ NE campus
Dec 13 Lower School Christmas Program 1st-4th
Dec 15 Lower School Christmas Program PK3-K5
Dec 14-16 Half Day of School
Dec 19-Jan 3 Christmas Break (classes resume Wed, Jan 4th for students)
Amy Parks, MSN, RN
NE School Nurse
Ben Lippen School
(803) 807-4500 Phone
(803) 744-1387 Fax