New Family Information
To help you get acquainted with Ben Lippen, we have compiled the following information. Please check it out to find answers to any questions you may have. If you have questions not addressed below, please reach out to Margaret Porter, Director of Lower School Admissions, at Margaret.Porter@BenLippen.com or (803) 807-4111 or Kelly Adams, Director of Upper School Admissions, at Kelly.Adams@BenLippen.com or (803) 807-4110.
School Day Information
Check out our printable 2020-21 School Day Start and End Times document for a quick reference regarding the start and end of school days at all grade levels. For information about when classes start and end for middle and high school students, please visit our Bell Schedules page.
Mondays are “Late Start Days.” School begins at 9:10 a.m. on Mondays for middle and high school students and 9:20 a.m. for lower school students. Early morning care is available for all lower school students beginning at 7:15 a.m.
Morning car line drop-off is from 8 a.m. to 8:17 a.m. (9 a.m. to 9:17 a.m. on Mondays due to late start). Car line pick-up is from 3 p.m. until 3:10 p.m. For specific information on where to drop off or pick up your student(s), please contact Donna Branney for the MR campus at (803) 807-4300 or Gwen Cornwell for the SAR campus at (803) 807-4400.
Here are a few resources designed for you to stay connected.
Our social feeds are updated multiple times daily. Interact, share, and provide updates via social media.
- Follow us on Instagram: @BenLippenSchool
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Follow us on Twitter: @BenLippenSchool
Staying informed with Ben Lippen School events is easy! Choose important calendars for your family and subscribe directly to each feed! In a hurry? Take a look at our calendar page for all the latest news.
- View the Ben Lippen School Calendar on our website.
- Download a printable year-view of the current school year’s calendar.
Vidigami is a photo management and sharing application with both a website and an app component. Ben Lippen School uploads photos to Vidigami following many of our campus events and activities. Vidigami is unique because it has the capability to allow parents and students to upload photos.
Vidigami is a members-only platform meaning that Ben Lippen School will give you access to the system and all the groups within it that are relevant to your student(s). To activate your Vidigami account, keep an eye out for the invitation
email sent by our Vidigami admin, Rebecca Austin. Click the link in the email to activate your account and set up your password. You will keep the same account for the entirety of your student’s time at Ben Lippen.
There is a support area on the Vidigami website, but if you have any questions or concerns, please email Rebecca Austin at Rebecca.Austin@BenLippen.com.
At some point, you’ll have a question or need to let us know something! Reach out to a staff member individually using our Directory emails, or find the frequently used numbers below.
- Keep in touch using our online Faculty and Staff Directory.
- Add frequent numbers to your phone:
- School Receptionist: (803) 807-4000
- Lower School Office – Monticello Road Campus: (803) 807-4311
- Lower School Office – St. Andrews Road Campus: (803) 807-4351
- Middle School Office: (803) 807-4200
- High School Office: (803) 807-4141
- Athletics: (803) 807-4197
- Health Services: (803) 807-4126
- School Counselor: (803) 807-4119
- Lower School Admissions: (803) 807-4111
- Upper School Admissions: (803) 807-4100
- Tuition & Business Office: (803) 807-4129
- Registrar: (803) 807-4116
- College Counselor: (803) 807-4108
You’ll find our students wearing campus wear Monday through Thursday. Lands’ End is our official campus wear provider. We also host Uniform Resale events at different times throughout the school year to purchase gently-used uniforms. These events will be published in Talon Times, our weekly school e-newsletter.
While students wear Campus Wear Monday through Thursday, Spirit Wear is permitted on Fridays. Each new student will receive a new student t-shirt from the admissions team before school starts. There will be opportunities throughout the year to purchase additional spirit wear from Ben Lippen’s PTF and our athletics department.
Student Parking Decals
Your student may obtain a student parking decal from Receptionist Christy Lambert in the lobby of the Arts and Science Center. Your child will need to give Mrs. Lambert the make and model of his or her vehicle as well as the license plate information in order to receive a parking decal.
Morning care will be held in the cafeteria at the SAR campus and in the MPR at the MR campus. Morning care begins at 7:15 a.m. and ends at 7:55 a.m. (8:55 a.m. on Mondays due to late start).
After School Care
Extended care is provided for Pre-K3 through 4th grade from 3 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. at both campuses. After School Study Hall is provided for grades 5 through 8 from 3:15 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. at our Monticello Road campus. After school extended care is not offered on days with early dismissal. For details and registration, please click the link below.
Shuttle Bus Information
Ben Lippen provides a shuttle bus to transfer students between our Monticello Road and St. Andrews Road campuses. Please view the Shuttle Bus Signup & Schedule for full details.
- All student-athletes must be registered on Family ID and have a current physical uploaded in Family ID (do not turn in hard copies of physical) in order to participate in workouts or official practices.
- ALL new student-athletes who will be playing a varsity sport need to complete the New Student Transfer forms and submit them to Leigh Owens at Leigh.Owens@BenLippen.com.