SAR Campus Reminders 3.7.23
Please see the reminders below:
Coffee with the Headmaster: Enjoy coffee and conversation with our headmaster, Dr. Tony Fajardo, and fellow Ben Lippen parents this Thursday, March 9 from 8:30-9:30 a.m. It will be held at the SAR campus in the lobby of the Performing Arts Center.
Grandparents Day: Grandparents Day will be held on this Friday, March 10, and will begin at 8:45 a.m in the Performing Arts Center. Don’t forget to send in the permission/dismissal form that was sent home with your child last week. Please note that we need a form back for every child. Students are asked to wear regular campus wear on Grandparents Day. We are looking forward to a wonderful day with the students and their grandparents. March 10 is a half day of school and there will be no after school care on the half day. Please contact the school office at 803-807-4400 with any questions.
No School Monday: Just a reminder that there will be no school on Monday, March 13 due to a teacher workday.
Notes from our Librarian (Mrs. L):
- On Friday, March 24 we will host an AR Seussapalooza Carnival to celebrate those students who have achieved their Accelerated Reader goal and beyond! If you would like to be part of this special event for our 3rd and 4th graders, please click on the following link: Seussapalooza Carnival
- We are excited about the upcoming author visits coming soon!
- Children’s author, Jeryl Christmas, will be visiting our campus on Wednesday, March 22. She will be speaking to the PreK3-2nd grade classes and you have the opportunity to preorder her books and get a signed copy. The order form is attached and the deadline for the book order is Friday, March 17. (Please attach cash or checks made payable to Jeryl Christmas with your order form.)
- Kate Albus, author of A Place to Hang the Moon and soon to be released, Nothing Else But Miracles,will be visiting our Ben Lippen campus on Tuesday, March 21 to share with the 3rd and 4th graders about her books and her writing process.
- Fireflies Reading Program: Ben Lippen Lower School is participating in the Columbia Fireflies Reading Program. Your child will have the opportunity to improve their reading skills and earn a FREE ticket to a Fireflies baseball game. The reading program is from Wednesday, February 1st to Friday, March 10. Our school’s game date is Sunday, May 7 at 6:00 p.m. Additional tickets may be purchased at a discounted rate of $10 per person.
Mother-Son Neon Dodgeball: Signup forms were sent home today for our upcoming mother/son event. It will be held Saturday, April 1, at the MR campus gymnasium from 6:00-8:00 PM. It is for all PK3 to 4th grade boys and their mom or special female guest. A registration form is also attached to this email.
Come to the Table: Join us on Saturday, March 25, at 6:00 p.m. for an evening of community, celebration, and vision casting. During this evening under the lights, guests will enjoy appetizers, dinner, dessert, live music by very talented students, and an auction. Dr. Fajardo will also share the vision for the future of Ben Lippen School.
- If you would like to volunteer or have an item or experience to donate for the auction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save your seat at the table by Wednesday, March 15! https://www.benlippen.com/current-families/come-to-the-table/
Ben Lippen Athletics Youth Development League: Youth Development golf and basketball registration is now open for our 1st-4th grade students. For more information, please click on the following link: Youth Development
Read Across Ben Lippen Week: A flyer was sent home today regarding Read Across Ben Lippen Week which will be held March 20-24. (The flyer is also attached to this email.)
Calendar Change: Mark your calendars! Wednesday, May 10, will be a half day of school and there will be no school on Thursday and Friday, May 11 and 12. This change is due to limited parking and security issues during a CIU Track event that will be held on the MR campus.
March 10 Grandparent’s Day – Half day of school (Dismissal at 11:45)
March 13 No School – Teacher Work Day
March 20-24 Read Across Ben Lippen Week
March 25 Come to the Table Event
March 27-31 Teacher Appreciation Week
April 1 Mother/Son Neon Dodgeball
April 7-14 Spring Break
April 17 Classes Resume
May 10 Half day of school
May 11, 12 No School