SAR Campus Updates: 12.6.22
Please see the reminders below:
SAR Christmas Stories and Hot Cocoa: On Thursday, December 8, our assistant principals will be reading Christmas stories and enjoying hot chocolate with the students. The students are welcome to wear pajamas on Thursday. (If your child is unable to have hot chocolate and/or a peppermint stick, please contact the school office).
Christmas Camp: “Crafts, Cooking and More” camp is for K5 through 4th graders and will be held on December 19 & 20 at the SAR campus from 8:30-3:30. The cost is $80 per day or $150 for both days. Hurry to reserve your spot as space is limited. Email email@example.com to sign up!
Christmas Programs: Please see the following information regarding our upcoming lower school Christmas programs.
- Date and Time:
- 1st-4th Grades: December 13 at 6:30pm in the Performing Arts Center at SAR. Doors for the performance will open at 6pm for seating. 1st-4th grade students should be on campus at 6pm and will meet in the cafeteria.
- PK3, PK4 and K5: December 15 at 10:30am in the Performing Arts Center at SAR. Doors for the performance will open at 10am for seating. Please note that parents are to pick up their PK3, PK4 and K5 students after the program.
- What to wear: Students are to wear a Christmas outfit.
- Girls – Christmas dress/skirt/pants with a red or green shirt
- Boys – Khaki pants with a button-down shirt or Christmas sweater
Upcoming Half-Days: December 14-16 are half-days for all students. Students will dismiss at 11:45 am and there will be no extended care offered on these days. The bus will run on a half day schedule.
Christmas Break: Please note that the student return date from Christmas break is Wednesday, January 4. The Ben Lippen online calendar reflects the correct date of January 4 but the printable version that you may have from the beginning of the year does not reflect this date change.
- Tuesday, January 3, is when faculty/staff return.
- Wednesday, January 4, is when all students return – full day of school.
Coffee with the Headmaster (NE Campus): Enjoy coffee and conversation with our headmaster, Dr. Tony Fajardo, and fellow Ben Lippen parents. It will be held on Thursday, December 8, at the Northeast campus from 8:30-9:30 am.
Fruit of the Spirit Awards: Each month the lower school students are focusing on character trait. At the end of the month, one student from every class will be honored with an award for consistently demonstrating that trait.
November’s Faithfulness Recipients are:
PK3: Camden Karl
PK4: Karsyn Adams and Langely Blume
K5: Britt Carilli and Sam Holland
1st Grade: Miles Brothers and Grace Creese
2nd Grade: Coleman Pye and Ben Williams
3rd Grade: Bethany Russell
4th Grade: Jude McLawhorn
Messages and Reminders from our Parent Teacher Fellowship:
Early Morning Care Volunteers Needed December 12: Our SAR teachers and assistant teachers will be having breakfast together before school on December 12 to fellowship and exchange Christmas gifts with each other. It would be a tremendous blessing to them if parents will volunteer to cover the early morning care from 7:30-8:30 am while the teachers spend some time together. Please review the attached sign up list and consider signing up! Thank you! *Volunteers must be on the approved volunteer/chaperone list. Early Morning Care Volunteer Sign Up
Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) Collection: As the Christmas season approaches, similar to years past, the Parent Teacher Fellowship will be giving all Ben Lippen teachers, administration and staff a monetary Christmas gift. This is a wonderful and meaningful way to honor and love our teachers and staff. By pooling our resources together, we can give a significant gift to those who spend the most time with our children. A flyer was sent home last week in your child’s folder with more information. We are hopeful that this also helps you by shortening your Christmas gift list. You can contribute via Venmo, check or cash and the deadline to participate is Friday, December 9.
- Venmo – @BLS-PTF (last 4 digits of phone number are 1390). Be sure to include your first and last name in the description so your name can be included on the card.
- Checks (made out to Kathryn Burkhalter) or Cash – send in to the school office in an envelope labeled “Teacher Appreciation Christmas Gift – Your First and Last Name”.
Fruit of the Spirit Treats: Once a month a student from each class is selected for exemplifying the character trait of the month. We are asking for parent volunteers to supply a treat for the recipients of the Fruit of the Spirit awards. Please use the link below to volunteer if you are interested in helping. Thank you in advance for helping us to celebrate these students. Fruit of the Spirit Treats
Important Dates to Remember:
December 8 Coffee with the Headmaster at the Northeast Campus
December 13 Lower School Christmas Program 1st – 4th Grades (6:30pm)
December 15 Lower School Christmas Program PK3-K5 (10:30am)
December 14-16 Half Days of School – Dismissal at 11:45 (No After School Care)
January 4 Classes Resume – Full Day of School