SAR Campus Updates 3.14.23
Please see the reminders below:
Grandparents Day: Thank you to all of our wonderful parent volunteers, students and teachers for making Grandparents Day a very special day. We are in the process of making a link for the pictures that were taken on Grandparents Day and we will send that to you as soon as it is available.
Read Across Ben Lippen Week: Read Across Ben Lippen Week will be held next week, March 20-24. Please see the attached flyer for more details.
Come to the Table: Join us on Saturday, March 25, at 6:00 p.m. for an evening of community, celebration, and vision casting. During this evening under the lights, guests will enjoy appetizers, dinner, dessert, live music by very talented students, and an auction. Dr. Fajardo will also share the vision for the future of Ben Lippen School.
- If you would like to volunteer or have an item or experience to donate for the auction, please contact email@example.com.
- Save your seat at the table by Wednesday, March 15! https://www.benlippen.com/current-families/come-to-the-table/
Calendar Change: Mark your calendars! Wednesday, May 10, will be a half day of school and there will be no school on Thursday and Friday, May 11 and 12. This change is due to limited parking and security issues during a CIU Track event that will be held on the MR campus.
Notes from our Librarian (Mrs. L):
- We are excited about the upcoming author visits coming soon!
- Children’s author, Jeryl Christmas, will be visiting our campus on Wednesday, March 22. She will be speaking to the PreK3-2nd grade classes and you have the opportunity to preorder her books and get a signed copy. The order form is attached and the deadline for the book order is Friday, March 17. (Please attach cash or checks made payable to Jeryl Christmas with your order form.)
- Kate Albus, author of A Place to Hang the Moon and soon to be released, Nothing Else But Miracles,will be visiting our Ben Lippen campus on Tuesday, March 21 to share with the 3rd and 4th graders about her books and her writing process.
- On Friday, March 24 we will host an AR Seussapalooza Carnival to celebrate those students who have achieved their Accelerated Reader goal and beyond! If you would like to be part of this special event for our 3rd and 4th graders, please click on the following link: Seussapalooza Carnival
Mother-Son Neon Dodgeball: Signup forms were sent home last week for our upcoming mother/son event. It will be held Saturday, April 1, at the MR campus gymnasium from 6:00-8:00 PM. It is for all PK3 to 4th grade boys and their mom or special female guest. A registration form is also attached to this email.
Ben Lippen Athletics Youth Development League: Registration is now open for golf and basketball for our 1st-4th grade students. Golf will begin on Monday, March 20 and basketball will begin the week of March 27. For more information and to sign up, please click on the following link: Youth Development
Sports Camps: Ben Lippen Athletics 2023 WIN Summer Sports Camps are back and better than ever!!! They will offer several weekly fun-filled camps where kids are able to pursue their passions and fuel their athletic potential. Click WIN Summer Sports Camps for more information.
March 20-24 Read Across Ben Lippen Week
March 25 Come to the Table Event
March 27-31 Teacher Appreciation Week
April 1 Mother/Son Neon Dodgeball
April 7-14 Spring Break
April 17 Classes Resume
May 10 Half day of school
May 11, 12 No School